• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Multi-Role Actors

Granite

I been curious for sometime how many actors (and which ones)played multiple roles in the B5 universe? Two examples are Emperor Turon (S2) playing a minbari teacher (S5) and Byron (S5) playing a member of the Grey Council (B5 Telemovie).

Wayne Alexander is the actor who has appeared in the most roles in B5, most notably Lorien and the Enquisitor (aka Jack the Ripper). He has also played Drazi and Brakiri.

John Vickery (Neroon) also played a human in the Ministry of Peace (he reprised the role in Crusade as well).

The original Draal and Brother Theo were played by the same actor.

Caitlin Brown (Na'Toth), after leaving the series as a regular, returned as a human lawyer.

Carrie Dobro played a doctor on B5 before ending up on Crusade. Marjean Holden also played a pilot before becoming Dr Chambers.

And galactic mobster Mr Morden served in C&C in the B5 pilot.

And don't forget Marshall Teague. He played 3 roles: Nelson Drake in Infection, Ta'Lon-G'Kar's replacement as Narn Ambassador-in several episodes and Captain Daniels in the Crusade episode, The Long Road

Wayne Alexander is the actor who has appeared in the most roles in B5, most notably Lorien and the Enquisitor (aka Jack the Ripper). He has also played Drazi and Brakiri.

And a Narn.

The Narn is question Wayne Alexander played was one of G'Kar's "mafia Narns" in "And the Rock Cried Out..."

That Refa scene (you know what I'm talking about) is still one of my favorite B5 moments. ;-)

Kim Strauss, who played one of the two Drazi leaders (I forget whether purple or green) in "Geometry" apparently also played many aliens. The commentary during "Geometry" notes how wonderfully expressive he was through the make up. But those are hardly "starring roles."

Again stretching, but didn't Jeff Willerth (sp?) do both Kosh and N'Grath?

Harlan Ellison played a Psi Cop and the voice of the "A.I." that takes over the B5 computer.

These are stretches - but since we're complete fanatics here, why not!

Happy turkey day to those of us on the left side of the Atlantic.

Regards,

-Tim

There was actually a small group of actors that formed the informal "B5 Repertory Company". They played mostly alien characters. This was done because making a head cast of an actor is costly and it is cheaper to use an actor whose head cast you already have.

The company consisted of:
Jennifer Anglin
Neil Bradley
Jonathan Chapman
Mark Hendrickson
Kim Strauss

Kim Strauss is probably the best well-known, since his speech patterns are very distinctive and he is who comes to mind when I hear the word Drazi.

If anyone wants a list of the episodes they were in and what they played, let me know and I'll post it.

Kim Strauss, who played one of the two Drazi leaders (I forget whether purple or green) in "Geometry" apparently also played many aliens.

Was he the one who gave the "he who takes green becomes green leader" speech? That guy is damn funny! :LOL:

And don't forget Robin Sachs, who played the Narn Captain who led the attack on Centauri Prime at the end of S5 as well as Hedronn of the Grey Council in "Points of Departure" (I think) at the beginning of S2 and Coplann (also of the Grey Council) in In the Beginning (and presumably Atonement as well).

He also played the magnificently over-the-top evil reptilian bad guy Saris in Galaxy Quest!

Cheers,

Drakh backwards, phoenetically, it "card", and Sheridan refers to them as "wild-cards" in "Lines of Communication".

More useless trivia,

-Tim

Tricia O'Neil - Episode - "In the Beginning" - Played the Earth Alliance President.
Episode - "Believers" - Played the mother - M'Ola

Tim Choate played the loveable Zathras in 'Babylon Squared' and then the two part 'War Without End'. He then returned as an alien in a Crusade episode. Forgive me, it's been so long and I forget which one. :eek:

Rommie :D

Back