• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Robot Chicken Star Wars

I loved it. I actually only just found Robot Chicken through on demand a few weeks ago, and had only seen two episodes. This was really cool to find 8 regualr episodes, plus the Star Wars special. Some who are familiar with Robot Chicken complained there wasn't enough new material. Loved the Darth Vader/JarJar scenes.

Darth Vader/JarJar was hysterical.

ANNIE! Lookat me! All glowie, Annie! Weee!

Darth Vader did have a cool bed, though.

The two old clips I recognised were the emperor on the phone with Vader and Vader explaining the future plot points to Luke.

The new stuff is great.
"And that was the greatest day of my life."
"What about when I was born?"
"Not even close."

The two old clips I recognised were the emperor on the phone with Vader and Vader explaining the future plot points to Luke.

The Bush-Lincoln thing had also appeared during one of the regular episodes. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure all of it was new, so I don't really get the complaints. Robot Chicken is just great stuff, and I love how often the celebs being sent-up play themselves. In this case what a good sport George Lucas was about the whole thing, including securing the rights to John Williams' score, which couldn't have been easy. ("Emipre on Ice!") Of course, he was also cool with the guys who did Troops and George Lucas in Love.

I also loved the strangling Imperial troops and the guy on the can inside the Imperial Walker.

Oh, and "that was so wrong..." ;)

If you missed it, (or just want to see it again) you can watch it here.

Regards,

Joe

The only robot chicken worth caring about ...

cl10.jpg

One of my favorite moments from Robot Chicken outside the Star Wars stuff was the guy on the roof of a house who calls his girl to make sure she's there with her family then saws his own head off into the chimney.

Merry Xmas, honey!

Back