• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

Also as far as this "news only" thread, I would submit that the final bit of news that there really can be for this DVD set has just been given --- how to buy it. :) Nothing really newsworthy now to report on. Frankly this thread can probably be "unstuck in time" :p

The next bit of news I'm looking for is word that the blogs have been posted online and where to find them. That and Part 2 of the feature on that CG website, if it shows up. Oh, and hopefully the news that the pre-orders have been so massively successful that a second installment has been greenlit, if there's any justice, followed by coverage of that. I think there could still be life in this thread..

It seems the first of the promised TLT video blogs has just been released. You can find it here. Providing a look to the behind the scenes of the TLT Visual Effects at Atmosphere, it also features the first look to the new B5 CG in motion. It looks pretty darn amazing.

Note, discussion about this in the discussion thread. :)

Ok, I managed to put my cybersleuthing skills to good use, and after having been told about this first Diary, I managed to uncover 2 others. :D I listed all 3 below:

"The Reunion"

"The Aftermath"

"Visual FX"

You should get the Jim Rockford Sleuthing Award. :)

Are the blogs going to be included on the DVD? Hope so, because there doesn't seem to be any to save them on YouTube.

Videodownloader 2.0 is what I use to save videos off of YouTube. They have a plugin for Firefox that I've quite enjoyed.

Well, my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that, after the diaries were completely downloaded, all but the YouTube one had "William Shatner"-style, pause-filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100 times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing time of the non-YouTube diaries. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and most frequent pauses).

So, I hope they're on the B5-TLT DVD for the watchability factor.

By way of the wonderful isnnews.net, 4 videos in a format that actually looks nice. Two of them old, two that are newly released.

Aftermath: Quicktime - Windows Media Player
Reunion: Quicktime - Windows Media Player
Bruce Boxleitner: Quicktime - Windows Media Player
Joe's First Day: Quicktime - Windows Media Player

Seriously, even though they're just 300k vids, these are so much nicer than the flash versions. And more links are to be posted in the morning according to isnnews too! I'll post the links to the newsgroup in a sec.

I know it is slightly off-topic, but you can download movies from Youtube using http://vixy.net.

Videodownloader 2.0 is what I use to save videos off of YouTube. They have a plugin for Firefox that I've quite enjoyed.

Thanks babylonfan and vacantlook.

BTW, I was finally able to watch the Visual FX clip on the VMix site, and see the space battle. Did it the same way I did before, but for some reason it worked better this time. <shrug>

If you check out http://isnnews.net/ and scroll down a bit you'll find some different versions and two new Diaries. One focuses on Bruce Boxleitner and the other on JMS's first day as a director.

Keep an eye on that page since it seems that Sandy's getting them direct from Warner Bros.

Jan

Just found this on the moderated newsgroup:

Title: Re: New B5: The Lost Tales Video
Author: "jmsatb5@aol.com" <jmsatb5@aol.com>
Date: 25 May 2007 13:41:19 -0700
Message-ID: <1180125679.287580.45960@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>

FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today or
at some point not long thereafter.

jms

:beer:

Jan

Or...maybe Tuesday...

Title: Re: New B5: The Lost Tales Video
Author: "jmsatb5@aol.com" <jmsatb5@aol.com>
Date: 26 May 2007 02:13:34 -0700
Message-ID: <1180170814.818436.307850@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>

On May 26, 12:30 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Jan" <janmschroe...@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> news:f37tv10v7q@drn.newsguy.com...
>
> > In article <1180125679.287580.45...@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > jmsa...@aol.com says...
>
> > >FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
> > >Tales DVD will be going up onwww.babylon5.comend of the day today
> or
> > >at some point not long thereafter.
>
> > >jms
>
> Looked for it. Drat! Not there yet.

Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.

jms

Jan

While you're waiting for the trailer, check out the MySpace link and play the third video "Temp Video". This is the piece that JMS played at Comic Con. There might be some minor spoilers and it's sure to send shivers down your spine but it's simply lovely on many levels.

Jan

Ooh, very nice. :)

But, I also watched the two JMS Diary entries too. Uh, is anyone else worried that JMS may have an unhealthy obsession with socks and sock puppets? ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back