• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doreena's race

Does anyone else think that Doreena's people look A LOT like Dilgar?

I thought it was just me, but a friend of mine was watching Call to Arms for the first time & upon seeing Doreena she immediately said, "IS THAT A DILGAR?!"

(might have been an interesting reveal down the road in Crusade if they discovered a few remaining Dilgar & it was found that they were another offshoot of Doreena's people transplanted & corrupted in to bloodthirsty space-nazis by the Shadows during the Last Great War... might have been a cool way to tie in some Dilgar War & general B5-universe history)

Does anyone else think that Doreena's people look A LOT like Dilgar?

I thought it was just me, but a friend of mine was watching Call to Arms for the first time & upon seeing Doreena she immediately said, "IS THAT A DILGAR?!"

(might have been an interesting reveal down the road in Crusade if they discovered a few remaining Dilgar & it was found that they were another offshoot of Doreena's people transplanted & corrupted in to bloodthirsty space-nazis by the Shadows during the Last Great War... might have been a cool way to tie in some Dilgar War & general B5-universe history)

Sorry to be so nicky-picky but it's Dureena.

I do see the resemblance, though I doubt it was intentional. You could ask on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. It's just the sort of off-the-wall question by a new person that JMS is very likely to answer. ;)

And Dureena's make-up was altered between ACtA and the series, IIRC, so I think there is even less of a resemblance in the Crusade episodes.

Regards,

Joe

I always wondered what happened to her forehead bumps or whatever they are while watching Crusade. :LOL:

I'm bad. When the e-mail announcing a reply to this thread popped up in my in-box, I misread the subject line as "Reply to post 'Doreena's rack'"

Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link and came to this forum insted of NC-17. ;)

Regards,

Joe

I always wondered what happened to her forehead bumps or whatever they are while watching Crusade. :LOL:

Her forehead prosthetic appliance was reduced between ACtA and Crusade, I think because of TNT request, and this is one area where they actually helped. I like her better in her Crusade look. IIRC, she also had three different shades of her yellow contacts, as well.

I'm bad. When the e-mail announcing a reply to this thread popped up in my in-box, I misread the subject line as "Reply to post 'Doreena's rack'"

Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link and came to this forum instead of NC-17. ;)

Yes, it was fairly impressive, but looks like it needed, er um "forming" or "support" to look that way. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back