• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What's your favorite dvd set?

Signs And Portents

• Season 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 2

• Season 3

• Season 4

• Season 5

• The Movies

• Crusade

• Total voters

Granite

What\'s your favorite dvd set?

been wanting to ask for a while with all the dvd sets out (LOTR excluded) - which set do you like the most? Not which season, but which set was the best done (i.e. video transfer, special features, etc...).

My favorite is the movie set! The video is awsome,the cover art is great! the only thing I didn't like was the moving menu seqence which is the same on each disk - why not just cut to the stationary menu screens that were stylized for each movie.

What's your favorite set?

Re: What\'s your favorite dvd set?

For me it's season 4 based on the "No Surrender, No Retreat" DVD suite/music video. While I think John Hudgens would have probably done a better job on the video portion, I totally love the music.

Jan

I've got to go with The Movies set - it seemed that after having five practice attempts with the previous sets, they finally got it right with The Movies set. The transfers are great - it's nice to hear commentaries on all the movies, and the fact that there's a really good mixture of JMS, cast and crew commentaries makes it much more enjoyable. The tribute to Rick Biggs in the sleeve notes is also touching. Plus, the thing was cheaper than the other sets, which is a bonus ;)

Season 4. It's all about the story and the promise fulfilled. The payoffs were worth the wait!

Except, of course, only the first four out of the seven sets are actually available in R2, so I can only pick one from those.

S4 gets it.

Oh! Good Point! Forgot to ask everyone to specify which region. I live in the US, so it's the R1 set for the movies as my fav

love'm all, but I voted crusade.

Same here. Even though the Crusade set has a screwed-up order and a truncated season (Damn you, TNT-Atlanta. :mad:), and an edited JMS commentary (Damn you, Warner Brothers. :mad:), and it's menus are spartan and without music, it still is the only B5 universe show put on DVD the way it was aired (no cropped/zoomed CGI), and it looks to me like it got the best transfer (possible tie with the movie set).

Crusade was the best visual transfer, but the S4 extras were better than any of the other sets, and the opening credits were worth watching all 22 times!

Gotta say, I like the S5 Main Title music better than the S4 version.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back