• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade VHS sales promo video

Eclipse

I have converted the Crusade sales promo for the VHS video tape collection into
extremely high quality RealVideo format. Check it out and relive the memories!
Click the link below:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.babylon5.org.uk/video/CrusadeVideos.ram>CRUSADE SALES PROMO</a>

"In our darkest hour, the fate of
all humanity rests not with warriors,
but with those that seek the truth."

Crusade

Thanks! That was fun and being in the US, I would have never seen that video otherwise. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Very well done advert!!!.....thanx for posting it

hey, do you have any other ad's, trailers in high quality????

- i have a lot of low quality ones......my favs are the tnt versions of the ad for B5 and the ad for ITB - but they are all so low quality or low frame rate

All Crusade episodes were filmed in widescreen.

I have also converted the Crusade episode introduction
into RealVideo format at 22 frames per second and
moderate high quality 280 kb/sec resolution.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.babylon5.org.uk/video/crusade.ram>Crusade Introduction</a>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eclipse:
<font color=yellow>All Crusade episodes were filmed in widescreen.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I assumed as much - I was wondering if the vhs release was the widescreen version

hey, how about the CGI, was it rendered in widescreen or was it like B5 (not renedered in widescreen but designed to look best once cropped)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elizar:
<font color=yellow>Let me guess, those cool videos in the trailor, only work in European VCR's. Am I right?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Correct, only in PAL format vcr's, i have found some that will play both PAL and NTSC format tapes, just have to check around, and they cost abit, check amazon.com, i've seen them there, but you have to be lucky and find it when they have them in stock, they don't get very many.

Here's the link:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TEUK/qid%3D1021036965/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/102-4543177-5181753> Worldwide VCR</a>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LightNZ:
<font color=yellow>over here in NZ almost all of our VCR's play both NTSC and PAL /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Great for you NZ, but here in the US, you are lucky if you can find one, and even luckier if you can find it for under $300.00 (US) <font color=red>no rudeness intended in the post, sorry if anyone thought i was being sarcastic or something originally.</font color=red>

the biggest problem with us is that the vcr's have to be NTSC first and then any other format second, b/c it has to be primarily compatible with the US's NTSC tv's.

It's a big bumber to have all these Format differences in all of our media.

well at least with VHS it was not intentional like DVD zones!!!

VCR's are so cheap here /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

There really isn't much of a market of PAL capable vcr's here. The only time it matters is when getting a foreign video tape and that is rare enough not to be a big issue.

<font color=yellow>well at least with VHS it was not intentional like DVD zones!!!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>Don't get me started on DVD Zones</font color=red>/ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif They really tick me off. If i manage to win the lottery down here in Texas or something, then i'll buy the multi-format VCR and all the PAL video tapes from the U.K, copy them to NTSC tapes, and give them away to all of you.
No profit involved, so it's legal/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=yellow>not that I mind - since I can play both PAL and NTSC lol</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
This is one of the rare times when those of us outside the US are better off. Doesn't happen often /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Ugh, if this werent a moderated forum, i'd, i'd,... say something very mean and nasty right about now to all of you out of the U.S./ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GShans:
<font color=yellow>Ugh, if this werent a moderated forum, i'd, i'd,... say something very mean and nasty right about now to all of you out of the U.S./ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
But you won't, because we're much too kind to gloat about our good fortune /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>But you won't, because we're much too kind to gloat about our good fortune /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Uh huh,Sure ya are/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I'm just going to wait for the DVD sets, with Star Trek doing theirs, B5 won't be far behind.

Thanks , those videos were awesome.
YOU wouldn't happen to have (or know where I can get) similar quality videos of the titles sequences for each season of B5?

Back