• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bruce Boxleitner Sighting

A sci-fi channel original movie? With the name "Snakehead terror"?

I think Ill take a pass. I wouldnt watch that schlock if Eliza Dushku was in it. Well, then again... :)

I read a small article about this in next week's TV Guide. Bruce said that he hadn't been working much lately, just spending time with the family. He also said that he saw this SciFi movie as a new Jaws , and himself as a new Roy Scheider. :rolleyes:

.... All I can say is that Bruce looks great for his age, but he must have needed mortgage money from this project payment. ;)

The idea for "Snakehead Terror" came from Patrick Vitale, the father of Thomas Vitale, Sci-Fi's senior vice president for programming.

"He was at home, drunk out of his mind and watching CNN, and he saw the story of the snakehead invasion of the lake in Maryland, and he called me immediately," Thomas Vitale says. "He kind of pitched me a whole story, I think."
(Note: quote may have been garbled in transmission)

You get the idea: Emmy voters can afford to miss this one. But that's the point, says Vitale, who says movies like "Snakehead Terror" offer a counterbalance to Sci-Fi's "high-end" programming like the Steven Spielberg-produced miniseries "Taken."

Good lord! :eek:
They are considering "Taken" to be the "high-end" of their programming?

And they are admitting in public where they come up with their story ideas? :rolleyes:

Everyone: start drinking heavily and watch CNN. I'm sure we could do better than this. :rolleyes:

You get the idea: Emmy voters can afford to miss this one. But that's the point, says Vitale, who says movies like "Snakehead Terror" offer a counterbalance to Sci-Fi's "high-end" programming like the Steven Spielberg-produced miniseries "Taken."

Good lord! :eek:
They are considering "Taken" to be the "high-end" of their programming?

Well, he could have been talking about moneywise. Well, maybe not. :( :eek: ...

"It's a Saturday night movie," he says. "This isn't a movie for Sunday night, when we would run something more serious. People want a movie with a different vibe on Saturday night. Most viewers aren't looking for heady, heavy things on Saturday. They're looking for escapist action."

Hmmm, let's see.....

Saturday 3/20:
Rattled
Tremors II: Aftershocks
Python
Pythons 2
Boa
Project Viper
Silent Predators
Tremors II: Aftershocks

Sunday 3/21:
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare
The Howling: New Moon Rising
Creepshow
Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings
Dog Soldiers
Threshold
Sasquatch

Yep, Sunday sure looks a lot more serious than Saturday. Yeah, sure, you betcha. :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p

And they are admitting in public where they come up with their story ideas? :rolleyes:

They're playing it up as nothing serious. Campy fun, without the camp.

Everyone: start drinking heavily and watch CNN. I'm sure we could do better than this. :rolleyes:

And calling Tom Vitale at what hour of the night? Hour of the Wolf?

Actually, Grumbler "tweaked" the quote a bit. :D Here's the actual quote:

The idea for "Snakehead Terror" came from Patrick Vitale, the father of Thomas Vitale, Sci-Fi's senior vice president for programming.

"He was home watching CNN, and he saw the story of the snakehead invasion of the lake in Maryland, and he called me immediately," Thomas Vitale says. "He kind of pitched me a whole story."

Looks like snakehead scared the crap out of Bruce's forearms. :eek: Either that, or it must have been a loooooong winter and he wasn't anywhere warm.
TV_SNAKEHEAD_TERROR.sff_NYET452_20040312122842.jpg

Moral: Never shoot on the day after you arrive in a shortsleeve environment from a longsleeve one. Holy smokes, that looks bad!
How about some instant tan or bronzer or something? Guess they shot the budget on Bruce's salary and couldn't afford it. :LOL:

Does anyone else just look at that picture and crack up? :LOL:

Except for the squishing of blood on the inside of car windows.... most of the movie had me cracking up.

I think the white-ness of Bruces arms are to off-set his rosey cheeks. He makes tofu look beige!

Bruce looks a bit like Harrison Ford there. And Melissa, wow! She's come a long way from "Little House..."

.... All I can say is that Bruce looks great for his age, but he must have needed mortgage money from this project payment. ;)

I finally got around to watching my tape of Snakehead Terror last night, and it was frightfully bad, in just about every possible way. Bruce was the highlight of this dud. The "acting" of the teenagers was awful.

I loved it <s> when the huge snakehead (the size of a killer whale) jumped out of the water and came back down with a huge CGI splash, yet there were no waves spreading out from the disturbed area. Big splash in a placid lake, and no waves/ripples, yeah right. Maybe the snakehead jumped out of the only part of the lake that wasn't solidified Jello. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back