• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lorien's Spaceship

vacantlook

Super Moderator
Lorien\'s Spaceship

Over the weekend, I watched the my VHS tapes of episodes from "Z'Ha'Dum" to "Into The Fire." After watching it, a question popped up into my mind that I hadn't ever thought about before. After the Coriana 6 battle, Lorien left the with the other First Ones as a blue ball of energy. So, what happened to Lorien's spaceship that Lorien and Sheridan came to Babylon 5 from Z'Ha'Dum on? Did Sheridan keep it and it stayed sitting in the docking bay forever? Did the ship just depart after Lorien and Sheridan got off and head on off to the rim on its own? What other scenarios could have occurred? I for one thought Lorien's ship looked really cool and I would have loved to have seen some more of it in the show.

Re: Lorien\'s Spaceship

I don't think it stayed on the station, they would of said something about it.

Maybe it was like the Vorlon ships. When Kosh died his ship flew into a sun... it could of just left the station on its own. ;)

I wondered about this at the time. I think that Lorien created the ship just to have a way to transport Sheridan to B5 in a comfortable manner. I think that he could just have willed it out of existence, or reabsorbed it. I very much doubt that he would leave it lying around for younger races to delve into, unless it was just literally a vessel, to contain him and Sheridan, and had no propulsion or higher tech.

The other possiblity is that the ship is Lorien. After landing he simply changed into a 2 legged form.

The other possiblity is that the ship is Lorien. After landing he simply changed into a 2 legged form.

Interesting thought, but then Sheridan showered, shaved, changed his clothes, and even got a new hair style while in /on Lorien. ;)

Interesting thought, but then Sheridan showered, shaved, changed his clothes, and even got a new hair style while in /on Lorien. ;)

Yeah, I don't think that was the case, Lorien being the ship, and then transforming back. Remember when Sheridan and Lorien were lowered from the ship in that crane/elevator car? I think they showed Lorien, and the ship in the background, at the same time.

That's freaky! :eek: :LOL:

Interesting points! I believe that Lorien took his ship later on after he arrived on Babylon 5.

If the ship is sentient (as we assume of most First One vessels), then Lorien could have had it ferry he and Sheridan to the station, drop them off, then send it somewhere else - back to Z'Ha'Dum or to Coriana 6 or waiting in hyperspace or to it's demise (into the sun, maybe) since he wouldn't be needing it anymore.

In "The Long Night", isn't Ivanova told to take Lorien's ship to search for the First Ones? I don't believe we ever see it again (on screen) after the Summoning.

My guess is that Lorien brought the ship to Coriana VI with him and he left with it, while what they showed on screen was him leaving "metaphorically".

-Tim

In "The Long Night", isn't Ivanova told to take Lorien's ship to search for the First Ones?

I thought Ivanova always took a Whitestar out when she went on her searches.

I wonder if Lorien's original home planet still exists in the galaxy. If so, maybe the ship just went back there to hide away the centuries similarly to how the Vorlon homeworld just lay in wait for the day that the younger races was ready for the secrets that remain there. Or maybe the ship even left B5 after dropping off Lorien and Sheridan and went off into deep hyperspace where no one could find it.

I guess there's just a whole bunch of potentially cool possibilities (which is one of the most awesome things about the Babylon 5 storyworld).

So, what happened to Lorien's spaceship that Lorien and Sheridan came to Babylon 5 from Z'Ha'Dum on?

Along with the, "Who was Cain's wife?" question, the "What ever happened to Lorien's spaceship?" question has plagued mankind since time immemorial...

Frankly, I've heard all sorts of theories regarding this... everything from "Lorien WAS the ship," to "It, like the Vorlon ships, were sentient and went beyond the rim with its master." Truth be told, we simply don't have enough evidence to say one way or the other.... after awhile, you simply forget about it and lament over the travesty that was Season 5.

Back