• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HP and the Half Blood Prince (Book 6)

Sindatur

Regular
Book 6 in the Harry Potter Series (HP and the Half Blood Prince) is now finished, and JKR has sent it to the Publishers. The Publishers are expected to give a release date within 24 hours. For Book 5, this news was provided approx 5-6 months before the actual release date, so expect it by June 21 (Summer Soltice [or Equinox?], same date Book 5 was released)

Eh, I was close. Surprising they're stretching it all the way until mid-july, since movie 4 is coming out in Nov 2005. I would've expected them to put as much time as possible in between the releases of the two products.

But, as you say, we have a date at least. Now I have a target date to finish the new SR Donaldson Covenant Book that just came out.

Yaaayyyyy... I'll probably have to wait till september for a paperback copy though..... again. :(

Yaaayyyyy... I'll probably have to wait till september for a paperback copy though..... again. :(

Sept 2005? I wouldn't count on the Paperback coming out only a couple months after the Hardbound, I think it's closer to a year, isn't it? Pre-Orders are going for US17.99 for the Harbound at the moment. How can you read a Paperback of that size? Mine would be in shreds by the time I finished it once through.

Thanks to the encouragement of a certain person at this board I have now read all of the first 5 of the Harry Potter books. All in paperback. And I'm not kind to my books. :eek:

I guess these are made or a bit sterner stuff than the typical paperpack novels.

And I have really enjoyed reading these books, despite the fact that I hesitated (a lot) to read "childrens books" at all. :eek:

Ah, live and learn, eh? :)

I guess I'll have to buy a hardback version next. That had not occured to me. :LOL:

HEHE, Book 1 and 2, and depending how you look at it, book 3, could all be considered Children's books, but, Book 4 and especially 5, most certainly did away with that fallacy in my view

Cool, Hyp, didn't realize you were a newly converted Potterphile. {Oh, that almost sounds bad, doesn't it?}

:LOL:

If I'm a "phile" lately it'd be Alan Rickman. :devil:

I do like a good, tough instructor. ;)

Yea, I'm a relatively new Potter-fan. :rolleyes:
(Not everything has to be phobia or phile, does it?)

I actually find the writing to be more interesting to me than Asimov's. :eek:

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

And I recently watched the film of the Prisoner of Azkaban. God, I couldn't believe it when I found myself saying "they really took a lot of the book out, didn't they?". :LOL:

Has anyone asked J.K. Rowling if she would like to write other series after she finishes book 7 of Harry Potter? I do like her writing, but it could be she's finished with the whole writing thing after such a success.

She has said she will continue writing, although she didn't specify it would remain in the Fantasy Genre.

She also wasn't sure anyone would be interested in reading any other stories she wrote.

There is a double-edge to success, I suppose.

I'd certainly check out something else she wrote. Unless its cost was extravagant, I'd be very curious to see what she wrote, most likely. I do like the rich characters she writes.

Cool, Hyp, didn't realize you were a newly converted Potterphile. {Oh, that almost sounds bad, doesn't it?}
She's not the only one... I didn't start reading the books until after I watched the 3rd movie. Everyone was always telling me about how there was so much more in the books so I decided to start reading them. ;)

And it really does spoil you, doesn't it?

J.K.R. has really developed a very interesting series and an interesting set of characters. I will go to my grave defending some of (but not most of) Snape. :eek:

Do we need spoiler space for maybe book 5? I'm assuming the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie is safe to talk about at this point...

Can we get into wild speculation in this thread? :devil:

Some rumors I have heard:

1) The warewolf will be the next to be killed off. He's too nice and to peripheral.

2) Dumbledore will be the next to be wasted. It would set up a direct attack on Hogwarts and Harry for book 7

3) Ron's days are numbered.

4) Hermione's days are numbered

Personally, I tend to wonder if Snape isn't going to get wasted as a Vodemort-follower-turned-against-him.

What other wild speculation is out there? :D

I like spoilers though... :D

I heard that Voldemort wears Witches clothing under his robes... :LOL: To tell you the truth I haven't heard anything on the next two. :p

Ah, many rumors. :)

Dumbledore is really Harry Potter in the future. :eek:

My personal favorite is the end of Harry Potter will be the end of magic in that "universe".

O.K. I'm sick of sporting all of the insane speculation.

There must be some wild rumor out there that I have missed. If so, cough it up, babes! :p

Librarys are good places!! Sign up for the waiting list now and you might be able to read it shortly after release.

I'll just get it off of somebody after they read it... then I'll buy the paperback for the collection. ;)

I didn't read any of them until well after five came out. Finally a friend convinced me that I would fall over if I turned my nose up any more. Good stuff which gets progressively more adult, along with many of the readers I suppose. I went to her homepage and solved the riddles to get this announcement. I'm actually kind of embarrassed how long it took me to get half.

J.K.R. has really developed a very interesting series and an interesting set of characters. I will go to my grave defending some of (but not most of) Snape. :eek:

Do we need spoiler space for maybe book 5? I'm assuming the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie is safe to talk about at this point...

Can we get into wild speculation in this thread? :devil:

Some rumors I have heard:

1) The warewolf will be the next to be killed off. He's too nice and to peripheral.

2) Dumbledore will be the next to be wasted. It would set up a direct attack on Hogwarts and Harry for book 7

3) Ron's days are numbered.

4) Hermione's days are numbered

Personally, I tend to wonder if Snape isn't going to get wasted as a Vodemort-follower-turned-against-him.

What other wild speculation is out there? :D

Spoilers are OK with me, as long as they're JKR approved, hers actually intensify your reading, IMHO. Such as her saying someone would die in Book 5, but not saying who. I ended up having additional anxiety everytime someone was injured.

Snape is a mystery to me. How can he still be alive, if he is spying on or still betraying Voldemort? Quirrel (and therefore Voldemort on his head) knew that Snape was working against him in Book 1 (remember where your loyalties lie).

1. JKR has said that Lupin plays a major role in Book 7. So, unless he's doing that as a ghost, I don't think he'll die in book 6.

2. Makes sense for Dumbledore to die late book 6 or anywhere in Book 7, what with the Heroes Journey, where he finishes growing into his destiny by his mentor being killed, plus the hints that Hogwarts will one day be invaded.

3. JKR has said that the trio is safe up through book 6, but, after book 6, anyone is fair game. Ron has boatloads of foreshadowing and hints that he'll die, but, I wonder if we aren't being led too strongly in that direction. I've often thought about trying to look at all those clues as him losing someone, rather than losing his life (IE: everyone is expecting Ron will die, but, very few are expecting Hermione to)

Ah, many rumors. :)

Dumbledore is really Harry Potter in the future. :eek:

My personal favorite is the end of Harry Potter will be the end of magic in that "universe".

O.K. I'm sick of sporting all of the insane speculation.

There must be some wild rumor out there that I have missed. If so, cough it up, babes! :p

Actually a more popular theory is that Ron breaks his nose in the near future, and Dumbledore sends him back in time about 150 years, to live the life of Albus Dumbledore (or perhaps Aberforth Dumbledore)

I'm also a new fan.
After watching the 3RD movie I decided to read the books. Finished all 5 in about 6 days [and reading off the PC screen too]. Yeah, yeah I'll buy the super-duper seven pack in the future...

Damn that JKR, how dare she kill off Padfoot,
just when she gives Harry a bit off a family!

#4 should be a terrific movie although 5 may be a bit harder to adapt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back