• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers Redux (fiction)

Re: Rangers Redux

I suck at updating. But, then, I do work a total of seventy hours a week, all told, so I have a decent excuse.

Those edits I was talking about a year ago finally materialized. There's a new thread in b5.related, and the edits are there. I'll make most of the edits before moving on with the story, just in case.

But I just wanted to let you all know that there will be a story to move on to.

I swear. Seriously now. :)

I would just like to state for the record that I never finished this, and I really, really want to.

So.

You never know.

*looks shifty*

I would just like to state for the record that I never finished this, and I really, really want to.

*looks shifty*

Ditto for "Titans: Warriors of Virtue". It was the game aspect of co-writing that I liked and I thought we had a pretty awesome story going. Of course, where it was going I cannot say.

Oh my God! I loved that -- and I totally forgot about it! Wouldn't it be fun to continue?

Must... read... thread...

Hmm. Let's see.

- - -

On the bridge, the broken, burnt dig site burst into life in front of what was left of the executive staff courtesy a tri-dee cam on Dulann's gear. Sarah watched Martel narrow his eyes at what his exec was seeing, and tried to adjust, herself; Dulann swung around quickly to look back at the ship, and the Liandra's sleek blue lines, lit by landing lights, shone against the midnight sky. She paused to look back at Martel, and watched a moment of pride pass in front of his eyes.

"We're not far from the Colony Center," said Dulann. "We'll do resonance scans to determine --"

Jean's voice, human like hers, wavering. "Sir."

"Yes, Barolay."

"Heat consistent with a human body, over there."

"You're kidding." Kitaro, unseen.

Martel leaned forward. "Confirm."

"Where?" Dulann's voice; out of the corner of his eye, Barolay's hand flashed, and he looked straight towards a set of crumbled buildings near the side of what used to be an access road. "Are you sure? Nobody could have survived --"

"The q-40 easies survived," Sarah found herself saying, her hand resting nervously over the firing controls.
God damn habits, she thought. I think people shoot at me too much.

"Check it out," said Martel, both hands now on his knees, leaning forward. "Go in hot. Just in case."

"Weapons out," Dulann said, and the party advanced.

Last edited:

Wow, this brings back some interesting times. Now I'm going to have to read it again.

Oh my God! I loved that -- and I totally forgot about it! Wouldn't it be fun to continue?

Must... read... thread...

And it's still all there too, right from the start with Warren. My bank records aren't stored this well.

The earliest parts of the writing with Dylan Neal, using actual B5 characters, developed in yet another thread.

I know! That was pretty rockin'. Fun story and half the boards participating -- doing it with you and Warren and Dylan Neal was *such* a hoot. I still adore collaborative fiction. I do a lot of it. So it's something you would want to continue?

(If, you know, I can ever get a hold on my schedule? :p)

Also, B5_Obsessed, I'll give you two guesses to figure out where I'm living these days. Heheh.

I'm gonna guess NYC, bay-bay! (although I have no idea)

It was the most fun writing I've ever had because you got to read and write the story, and had to be prepared to adjust to sudden plot changes (like when some dope decides to blow up the ship).

I could possibly write a bit, although my schedule and family demands don't allow me much time for web-slackery. It would've been interesting to see where that story went.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back