• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Last night's BSG (1.08) SPOILERS

Recoil

Regular
Last night\'s BSG (1.08) SPOILERS

This was one of those episodes, where watching most of it, it was pretty slow paced and almost non-eventful. Yea, it was cool seeing Starbuck screw with the Cylon and interrogate him, but for the longest time it really wasn't going anywhere. Then came the last 5min.

I thought it was neat where the Cylon said that they would find Kobol, and that would lead them to Earth (nice plug for original series fans) but it was an even better plug for what came just moments later.

I loved how they set us up with the President being all "humane" with how the Cylon was treated. Telling it that it could trust her and tell the truth. Then she just shoved it out the airlock. Her face, delivery, and line to Starbuck about her losing focus I thought was GREAT. Made the whole episode worth while. The Pres didn't but a line that Cylon said, and she made some excellent points about it spreading out the fleet.

The best part is it goes back to what Adama said about it...truth will be mixed with the lies. So we are left with "Will they really find Kobol and will it lead to Earth?" or was that just more bullshit it was spilling trying to mess with Starbuck. I got the feeling at the end that the Pres never for a second believed the Cylon and what it said about Adama...but we will probably see more of that in later episodes.

Either way, slow start, but a nice buildup to a powerful ending IMO.

What did some of you guys think?

(BTW for the record I do believe that at some point in this series they will find Kobol. I think they have to from a storytelling standpoint)

Re: Last night\'s BSG (1.08) SPOILERS

I really enjoyed last night's episode and the series in general kicks some pretty serious ass -- which, undoubtedly, means sci-fi will cancel it after next season. My only problems with the episode were very minor, like:

1) Why was Starbuck chosen to interrogate the cylon? I like Starbuck but c'mon, isn't she the absolute last type of person that you want interrogating a cylon? I mean, she's impulsive, somewhat childish and probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer... wouldn't you want someone colder, harder and smarter handling that interrogation? -- especially after the bomb announcement.

#2 -- Why aren't they dissecting these cylon bastards to see what's making them tick? I don't know, maybe they did dissect that one in the morgue, but it didn't look like it.

BTW, has anyone else noticed the irony of the humans (organics) complete and total devotion to inorganic technology and the cylons (inorganics) devotion to organic technology -- virtually human cylons, organic ships, biologic procreation, etc.

BTW, has anyone else noticed the irony of the humans (organics) complete and total devotion to inorganic technology and the cylons (inorganics) devotion to organic technology -- virtually human cylons, organic ships, biologic procreation, etc.
That's a mighty fine observation.

And I'm not sure about your tongue-in-cheek comment about Sci-Fi cancelling it after next season. Lest we forget they have kept SG1 around for like, what? 9 seasons? Talk about getting tired. Someone really needs to put that horse to rest...

I enjoyed this episode greatly. :) Katee Sackhoff was excellent. The interaction between Starbuck and Leoben was very good to watch. I loved it when you could see Leoben smile while under water. Yoy could tell he was enjoying it and he knew he was getting to her. :D

Tibbetts

I thought it was a wonderful episode, raising real questions about who were the victims and who were the real villains in this universe. It made me wonder just what had been done to the Cylons to make them rebel and want to wipe out humans. If the President could behave like that, perhaps the Cylons had good reason for their actions.

I love the way this programme keeps me wondering and questioning :D

It made me wonder just what had been done to the Cylons to make them rebel and want to wipe out humans.
I know what you mean. Every time I think about the Cylons, their religious fanaticism, and the way that they basically just wiped out the human race, it reminds me of several Old Testament stories. No offense intended, but the God that people worshipped back then was a pretty merciless dude -- when he told you to take over a land flowing with milk and honey, he meant for you to take it over and if anyone stood in your way (like crying babies or helpless old people) you stepped on them like we would step on a cockroach today. It seems to me that these cylons believe that they are the chosen "people" of God and probably believe that they are just carrying out his will -- even if it means stepping on a few humans.

It seems to me that these cylons believe that they are the chosen "people" of God and probably believe that they are just carrying out his will -- even if it means stepping on a few humans.

I'm wondering if they believe that his will is that they are to kill all the humans. In other words, I wonder if they believe themselves to be the manifestation of God's divine wrath, if you will, against humanity for humanity's sins.

Odd though, that they dont consider their creators, the humans, as some form of God...

Odd though, that they dont consider their creators, the humans, as some form of God...
Unless, of course, they see humans as more of a parent figure. In which case, they're just rebelling ... albeit more forcefully than your normal teenager. Then again, there were more than a few times in my juvenile years that I wished death on my parents.

I'm wondering if they believe that his will is that they are to kill all the humans. In other words, I wonder if they believe themselves to be the manifestation of God's divine wrath, if you will, against humanity for humanity's sins.
I would put my money on that guess as well, but it seems as though they really don't want to kill <u>all</u> humans (just 99.99% of them).... they obviously have plans for Baltar, that guy with Boomer on Caprica and probably the other humans in the fleet as well. I wonder if their goal simply isn't to start all over with some kinda human/cylon created race -- a merge between man and machine, organic and inorganic, creator and createe..etc.

But I still get the funny feeling that when this series is over we'll discover that everyone we thought was human (i.e. the entire human fleet) will really be cylons as well.

Man, I must have Blade Runner on the mind tonight.

But there are only 12 models according to the miniseries.

I wonder if the human-like cylons arent something more like actual clones of humans, with some sort of control device (all be it a high tech and undetectable one) in them. They seem totally human --- so much so they couldnt just be made on an assembly line --- that there has to be another way they are "made"

The Colonials' assumption that the "humanoid Cylons" are robotic does seem to be based on pretty thin evidence. As soon as they examined their first one and failed to find any circuits, they should have started doubting that assumption.

Probably not (at least in the mind of the writers). Ill bet they chose that for consistency or a reason. However it probably won't be a story point, but Ill bet they chose twelve with that in mind...

What I liked about the episode is that Baltar's Cylon Detector actually works. However since he is such a coward and scared to death about being revealed as a traitor, will he ever produce results or keep them hidden? If he exposes any Cylons, there is a risk they will expose him as well. Seeing how Baltar has acted thus far, I wouldnt be surprised if he give false readings to humans to indicate them to take the focus off himself. It will be interesting when Adama starts to demand results because Baltar cant keep stalling much longer.

I thought it was a wonderful episode, raising real questions about who were the victims and who were the real villains in this universe. It made me wonder just what had been done to the Cylons to make them rebel and want to wipe out humans. If the President could behave like that, perhaps the Cylons had good reason for their actions.

I love the way this programme keeps me wondering and questioning :D

That's one of the best parts of this show(besides the cast) that has kept me in the seat and watching, :D I keep asking what the heck's gonna happen next? :)

I love it when a show makes me think for a change. :D

Tibbetts

Anyone here think Leoben was talking about Lee Adama at the end and not Old-man Adama? :D

Tibbetts

Anyone here think Leoben was talking about Lee Adama at the end and not Old-man Adama?
Damn, that's fu*king brilliant ... I just assumed he was talking about the Old-Man. We were warned in the beginning to expect half-truths and deceptions, I can't believe I missed that.

Anyone else get angry that they don't question them about what they want and why they attacked. I would want to know as much as I could about my enemy. Instead they just get rid of it. Very poor military conduct.

Questions to ask them
1. Why did you attack us?
2. What are your goals?
3. What do you believe in?
4. Why did you make organic versions?
and a million others.

Noooo we're just going to throw them into space. This serieas started well with 33 and some others but the last two episodes have been rather mediocre. I still expect that we has some better eps ahead.

Anyone here think Leoben was talking about Lee Adama at the end and not Old-man Adama?
Damn, that's fu*king brilliant ... I just assumed he was talking about the Old-Man. We were warned in the beginning to expect half-truths and deceptions, I can't believe I missed that.

:LOL: I didn't catch it at first. Then I watched it again and said, 'what about Lee Adama?'. :LOL: It's gonna be interesting to find out which he meant. :D

Tibbetts

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back