• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Michael Ansara (Elric)

maneth

Regular
Michael Ansara, perhaps best known for his Star Trek role as Kang and to Babylon 5 fans as the technomage Elric, has died at the age of 91.

Variety.com

Here's the comment I put in Variety. It's too bad that they didn't mention him being in Babylon 5. I should be used to that by now.

"He’ll always be Elric, the Technomage from “Babylon 5″ (S2E3 – “The Geometry of Shadows”), to me. His character also lived on (and died) in the Babylon 5 book trilogy, “The Passing of the Technomages.”

Yes, I remember him from Trek, too, but found his performance in that B5 episode to be so much better, and it enabled me to see and hear him in the novels.

To absent friends, in memory still bright. RIP."

Last edited:
I read about it on Facebook and lots of people commented on all the different roles he played on TV and in movies, but sadly no one mentioned the fact that he was in Babylon 5 until I did.

Good on you for mentioning B5. Sadly, seems to me that only Star Trek is sufficiently known among non-sci-fi fans to be mentioned in obits. Most obits for Michael O'Hare seemed to omit B5 even though Sinclair was one of his biggest acting roles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back