• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars Sept 21st release

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
The day is coming.

Please go to the following link: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/trilogy/trilogy.html

This link will show to some of you guys who tend to not acknowledge Star Wars Trilogy importance. I understand that some are too young and, as already discussed, does not have the original impact these movies did to many of us (specially to people in their mid 30´s).

I still believe that the BEST EVER in history of TV and Movie Theaters is BABYLON 5, however, STAR WARS is something that really changed how the movie industry should deal with technical effects.

Enjoy the reading.

Regards,

CADU
Zahadum

I'm still one of the people whose position is:

As long as Lucas exercises his right, as the owner of the copyrights, to release *only* the modified versions; I will exercise my right, as a consumer, not to give him any of my money for them.

Hey Pillow, there's a paragraph in the link there (or maybe it's the link I put in the Ruined further thread) that states he initially said he wouldn't do it until 2006, and HD-DVD is supposed to be coming out in 2005, so maybe it's his last minute milking of our purchasing dollars, and a "More true to the Original" set will be coming in the future?

I'm one of the people that things Lucas should adjust the films as he wants, but I also think that the as-nearly-to-the-originals-as-possible should also be released for the sake of preserving the piece of history that they are. I would personally buy both versions most likely and not feel cheated or taken advantage of in doing so.

I'm one of the people that things Lucas should adjust the films as he wants, but I also think that the as-nearly-to-the-originals-as-possible should also be released for the sake of preserving the piece of history that they are.

Yep. Like I said, it is his insistance on releasing *only* the new versions and keeping the originals locked away that has me holding my own little personal boycott.

I'll still go see Ep III when it comes out, for the sake of completeness. I do find it a bit annoying that he isn't bothering to maintain continuity with what he originally released in the first set of movies, but not nearly enough to not see the last one.

Ah, yes, sad little Lucas. The poor guy must not think he can do anything original, to keep modernizing his one masterpiece.

I'll rent the DVD of the third movie through Netflix or a local rental place, and never buy any of the remade movies. I'm waiting for him to redub the whole thing with the younger actors' voices. :LOL:

wha wha wha.

you are all jealous because he has that ranch full of toys. and because he has that beard. you all know you want a beard.

wha wha wha.

you are all jealous because he has that ranch full of toys. and because he has that beard. you all know you want a beard.
:D

Actually it's his husky manly voice. Not only do I want that, its so deep and husky i sometimes find myself questioning my sexuality...

wha wha wha.

I have a perfectly good beard of my own, and no desire to have it look like his, thank you very much.

:p

Re: Hear the voice of Hamill

A TV Series set in the Star Wars Universe is coming? Could be great, if it's done right, but I'm not holding my breath.

Re: Hear the voice of Hamill

It would suck. I can already see them finding a excuse every episode not to use their lightsabers to save money.

wha wha wha.

If you remember my thread a long time ago where I tried to grow a beard and failed, you know how this comment hurts me so.

I DO want a beard!!!! :( :(

There, there, Old Mighty, perhaps the Unicorn or the Fellating Leprechaun will bring you one for Christmas. :D

If you remember my thread a long time ago where I tried to grow a beard and failed, you know how this comment hurts me so.

I DO want a beard!!!! :( :(

I wanted one but could not grow one. To quote Lister in Red Dwarf "it just grew in litle clumps. I eventually managed a goatee. Which sucked.
Beards are cool. but not on me.

Rats! Now I might just have to buy it! I just read the htf blurb about the DVD release coming up, and now I really would like to see the second disc with all of that cool info.

I wonder if the second disc can be had by itself...? :confused: :D

Just checking:

Is the documentary described in the extras the same one that was shown on te AMC cable network last night? It certainly looks like it.

So what are DVDS about now? Fleecing as much money from the consumer as possible? Its always been about the money but doesn't stop me from buying them, DVD is currently the best medium for one to watch films on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back