• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Just Started Season Five, and am enjoying it.

I refer to those aliens as the Mongol Horde: show up unexpectedly, attack without warning, disappear without any explanation. A bit of a plot device, just maybe?

However, the White Stars arriving pleased me considerably. It just underscores that the Rangers currently have the most powerful ships available. (A question for the future, maybe it's answered in one of the books -- the Alliance promised to share out technology. Does that promise include sharing out the Vorlon tech that goes into the White Stars? If I were Entil'zha I'd want to hold on to that monopoly for as long as possible.)

I really enjoyed "A View from the Gallery", I thought the idea was really unique and fun. Since it went to a new station, I think JMS was trying to find a way to introduce the crew to viewers that may have never seen Babylon 5 before. Anyways, I like Bo and Mac and it is one of favorite from Season 5.

Cerberus

Hmm. I hope we are not spoiling too much of Season 5 for you. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Maybe we should wait for you to finish it before we give plot descriptions and all that.

Speaking of 'View From The Gallery', is it me, or does one of the characters (Bo or Mac, I always get them confused) seem like a cheesy version of Joe Pesci???

Mac is the short one, Bo is the tall one, for those who always get them mixed up! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I liked Mac, didn't find him annoying at all. But let's face it, A View from the Gallary is just one of those episodes you either love or hate. I won't say anymore to avoid spoiling more of the episode, but maybe Winterbottom will come back after he/she has seen this episode and we can talk about it more then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't see any spoilers in this post. The new station was TNT for Season 5, and if you watched any of Season 5 (i think I understand now) sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cerberus
P.S. I just did an edit on my other post. Good point.

I thought both Bo and Mac were very cool. I especially liked Mac's rather sweet interaction with Lochley. It kinda helped myself accept her more from that moment on. Well, that and her interactions with Garibaldi. Otherwise, I might still heavily dislike the, er, Lochley. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I first watched Season 5, a friend was taping it for me and I got batches of 3 or 4 tapes, then a long wait, then
more tapes. I would watch four or five episodes then wait a month for another six episodes so I really had a totally
different viewpoint than most people. The two biggest problems were for me the loss of Ivanova. She was an
integral part of the story and it was a great disappointment when she disappeared. The second problem was Byron
because I just couldn't warm to the character.

Maybe next time I watch it, so much time will have passed I'll see it differently. I thought the final eight eps were
right up with the best of the series.

I have gotten past the whole Byron thing and to be honest with you I hated him. I did not like the way they did the PSI story arc. It seriously lacked the usual B% depth and intensity. The only thing I enjoyed was Bester. Almost no redeeming traits to his personality! I'm about two episodes into the Centauri Arc. I missed the week before lasts ep but fortunately have it on tape. This one ended with both G'kar and Londo in the dungeon! I'm beginning to really enjoy it because we're back to the real grit of B5!
My only regret is that I'm getting closer to the end of the series and it's going to be hard to say goodbye. Soppy but thats how I feel!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My TV station fubared the screening of And All My Dreams Torn Asunder. They showed the teaser up to the opening credits, went for a break and showed the teaser up to the opening credits again then after the break started with the second act. I missed the entire presentation of evidence to the council. Bastards picked the best ep of the season so far to screwup. Anyone who know's where I can get the first act please PM me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back