• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Has there been an update?

vacantlook

Super Moderator
Because if so, it's totally sucking my dialup internet connection down a black hole.

There's some new little grey bar at the top that's got a small square in it and some little note, on the main list it says "- Powered by vBulletin", when typing up a post it says " - Post New Thread". Is this the "MagicApplet" that the status bar says is started when the board is done loading?

But the big problem is how slow the board loads now. Like molasseses level slow, and in such a way that it freezes up my entire browser. As it loads, the status bar of my browser says it's connecting to a host of odd website addresses.

golnanosat.com mostly, as it sits for like a minute "transfering data from", but also
counthum.info
thefreecompany.net
vipasotka.com

This is not fun. :wtf:

Last edited:
It seems that the website has been infected with a virus.My NOD 32 Antivirus detects multiple virus treaths called Java Trojan Downloader every time I visit the site.Fortunately they were quickly disabled but I have the same speed troubles as Vacantlook.As soon as I enter the site the same golnanosat thing appears.

Something is definitely going on. Truth_Seeker has also PMed me about the site going wonky. (EDIT: I see TR posted here before I could get the board to let me.)

Here's an update on my experience.

Firefox ceased to respond. I could, and did eventually, close Firefox, but I couldn't switch between tabs. I was in the process of trying to send a PM when everything stopped in Firefox. I closed Firefox and tried to restart the program, but it won't start at all now. So, I've switched to IE for the moment. IE's asking the same thing that I got asked when I first logged on with Firefox this morning.

IE states that "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Microsoft Data Access - Remote Services Dat...' from 'Microsoft Corporation'."

I also get a pop up window, which looks Java related, asking if I "want to run the application". That window contains the following information:

Name: OP
Publisher: HIPOINT Ltd., S.A.

As with when I encountered this with Firefox, I'm clicking "cancel" because I have no clue what this is. And as with Firefox, B5TV is making IE run buggingly slow.

Last edited:
Ok, I've got Firefox back up. Despite having closed Firefox, I had to go in and manually end the process. But the slowness and odd webaddresses in the status bar keep on going, and Firefox or Java through Firefox or whatever has presented me again with the Security Warning with the information I posted above.

There's some new little grey bar at the top that's got a small square in it....

Maybe I'm just unaware and paranoid, but I don't remember any of these squares being there before.

square1jy2.jpg

squares2and3di4.jpg

square4dz7.jpg

square5tm7.jpg

For what it's worth, I get an alert message that this website wants to execute "remote data services data control of Microsoft Corporation".

The board is running a bit slow for me, but not terribly. I do get a popup asking if I want to trust an applet when I first arrive at the site. I tell it "no." golnanostat.com, whatever that may be, is also dragging its feet.

If it's a virus it doesn't seem to be affecting my Mac too badly, but things are definitely amiss.

Latest posts

Members online

Back