• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It's (semi)Official: Babylon 5 FEATURE FILM!

Re: It\'s (semi)Official: Babylon 5 FEATURE FILM!

Will we be treated to a streaking party in Babbleon when/if this movie is officially announced? :D :devil: ;)

:LOL:

Well, you'll just have to plan to start one.

It is your "motto", isn't it? ;)

Along with the broom, I believe. :D

All I have to say about this great news is :

WOO HOO! :cool: :D

What if "more B5 in spades" meant more than 1 movie. Maybe it would be a sort of series - Telapath War, Drack (?) War etc. Maybe even a Valen story. :D

I must be the only cockeyed pessimist here. First came "Crusade," then "Legend of the Rangers." All these bleepin' bellyflops are giving me a tummyache, already. I'd like to see one of these projects actually succeed as one whole TV season or one complete TV mini-series or one feature film before I get excited. So I ain't sayin' "Woo hoo" 'til I see the dried ink on the contract. But I certainly won't complain if we *finally* get to see a B5 feature film after all this frelling hint-dropping.

Assuming that this whole deal doesn't fall apart tomorrow, it would really be nice if all of the hard-working cast members finally got their just rewards, as Joe DeM said. First, let's hope that the project is approved by all the necessary parties. Then, let's hope that the Great Maker has written/writes/will write the script in such a way that he can use the original actors. (I remember reading somewhere that Bruce Boxleitner, a.k.a. John Sheridan, was complaining that he's getting too old to play his own parts.) Finally, let's hope that he can get all of them to sign on!

I agree BB is getting too old to play his character. I really think he still can play it, but time flyes and all actors are getting old for their old roles. I surprised when I see the commentaries on the DVDs, their faces are not longer the same. I hope they hurry if they plan to use those characters. I know makeup can make marvels, but there is a point of no return.
I was thinking about the movie. I think a movie would be ok... but I prefer a mini-series or even better a whole series. The more B5, the better :)

I agree BB is getting too old to play his character. I really think he still can play it, but time flyes and all actors are getting old for their old roles. I surprised when I see the commentaries on the DVDs, their faces are not longer the same. I hope they hurry if they plan to use those characters. I know makeup can make marvels, but there is a point of no return.
I was thinking about the movie. I think a movie would be ok... but I prefer a mini-series or even better a whole series. The more B5, the better :)

Well by the 2:35:1 clue, it seems to definitely be a Widescreen movie (Do they make Widescreen TV in the 2:35:1 format as well?) The "...More in Spades..." comment, and "...Some because of TMos, and some on their own merit" makes me believe the Big screen feature may lead into a TV series, or because of the TMoS project, their maybe some new life in TV for the franchise. Additionally, back in Sept, when the clues first started coming, their was a hint at two projects, and TMoS would only account for 1 of them.

Ranger Shoshanna, I have a feeling there is no way the project will not be made, it seems the deal to make it is already struck, and maybe the details still being ironed out are a difference of a few Million Bucks for Budget, or maybe some actors or crew are difficult to sign on board (For whatever reason). Of course that doesn't mean something may not go right with it's reception when we actually get to see it (LotR ratings were hurt by Football for instance or maybe we lovers of B5 are rare and the rest of the potential audience are "Sheeple" and won't appreciate the project, etc) but I think it's too close to the announcement deadline, and had too much JMS hype to have it dissolve.

I am sure it will be excellent.

:D

I am still smiling - it's great news isn't it....

This is great news :D, can't wait to hear more details about it once JMS is able to tell us more...

It would be interesting to see what He would base the movie on. Idea wise that is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back