B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old February 19th 03, 01:34   #1
Demonn
First One

Question about Andromeda. (Spoilers)

This thread may contain spoilers..... so if you don't like spoilers... don't look. Turn around or something.

What happened to Tyr's claws?
Nietzscheans have claws or whatever on their arms... but then I noticed that Tyr didn't have claws anymore in the last episode.

What happened to them? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th 03, 03:37   #2
GShans
Dead Account

Re: Question about Andromeda. (Spoilers)

the actor didn't like them, so they found a convienent time to remove them from the series, the season 2 finale/3 premiere, when he came back they were gone, they wrote it off as saying he didn't know what happened, they just were gone when he arrived back on this side of the trans-dimentional tunnel.

it's sad that i know this, but i read it online in a thread baout the show somewhere, as well as noticing it myself on the 2nd S3 episode.

and they aren't "Claws" they are bones, you get to see that in an x-ray in the season 2 finale, they are part of the bone that goes from elbow to wrist (can't remember what it's called)
GShans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th 03, 14:35   #3
Demonn
First One

I knew they were bone but they use them like claws..... occasionally... that's why I called them claws.

Anyway, they should of told that actor to shut his mouth and keep wearing the damn things.

Andromeda could be so much better than it is... but I don't think they care. All they have to do is pay a little more attention to the small details, and get some new CG shots. [img]images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

They probably think that people don't notice that they use the same CG shots over, and over, and over again. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old February 20th 03, 00:16   #4
ElScorcho
Psi Cop

Actually, in last week's ep, a few Nietszchians scoff at him because without those bones, they assume he's a normal human.
ElScorcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th 03, 03:23   #5
GShans
Dead Account

no they didn't, they knew who he was, but they did get a little snobbish when looking at him, that is until he cracked their skulls in.
Old February 20th 03, 05:57   #6
ShadowmageGalen
Dead Account

From what I have read from his own posts on his messageboard and from many other posters from the old SSBS and other places, I got the impression that he wanted them gone not so much because he disliked them (though I am pretty sure he did), but moreso to make a statement about what he thought TPTB had done to the character. You could almost say he felt Tyr had been cast in a bad light, to put it mildly. Declawed might also work, although most call them bone spurs for whatever reason.

The point is moot anyways.

Edit for spoiler space, since I don't know how to hide the text here yet.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

KHC is leaving the series at the end of the season. If Tribune so desires they have him signed for 4 eps which he is obligated but that is all, and they may or may not choose to write any eps involving him. So you can kiss Tyr goodbye.

Fading back into lurkerdom.

SmG
ShadowmageGalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th 03, 14:21   #7
Demonn
First One

>So you can kiss Tyr goodbye.

But he's my favorite... was my favorite, until they declawed him. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old February 20th 03, 18:12   #8
hypatia
First One

In the first season (when I was still giving the show a chance) the only character I thought much of was Tyr and perhaps, just a bit, the ship.

I tried to watch Andromeda this week. I really tried, I did. But it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] There literally is no space-based sci-fi show that I enjoy any longer. Well, that is making new episodes, I mean. I'd rather watch the West Wing.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd 03, 05:07   #9
Demonn
First One

What about that chick from the Sabra pride? The one that maried Spike (I can' remember the actor's name or the character's name. He was from the Jaguar pride.). She had that elctric whip thing.

Anyhow her bone/claws looked like they were made of ivory or something.
Old February 23rd 03, 21:01   #10
GShans
Dead Account

genetic alterations to make them better? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]