• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My big project: MY G´Kar

Valen

My big project: MY G´Kar

Hello Folks:thumbsup:

Now i want to introduce you to my actual mask project.. (more about me you can read on my homepage www.incognito-costumes.com)... a silicone mask of the ambassador G`Kar.

Here you see the several steps from the mold to the negative form plus stabilise plaster form.

This is my finished positive sculpt (animated .gif ) (about 6 weeks ago)

290611023138_G__Kar_Sculptur.gif

Here some pics step by step of the making of the negative form, made with rebound 25 of Smooth On.:

Here is the negative form in the stabilising plaster form (one week ago)

This is the finished negativ form (3 days ago):

Now i work on some screw holes to fix the both halfes.. Next days i start to make the mask itself.
drop the thumbs for a successful work!:thumbsup:

Re: My big project: MY G´Kar

thank you! :bolian:

yes, i love making costumes ... you should have a look at my homepage...(it´s in my signature) http://www.incognito-costumes.com.... then you`ll be sure that i´m a nerd... hehe

now the plaster form is done, the rebound25- negative is inside, the release agent is on it, and i wait now for a quiet day, learn again about working with dragon skin (smooth on) and then it will be serious... i have only one try, because the material is very expensive...

but i think im working professionally enough, and im sure that it´ll rock !!! :drool:

But that´s not the end... Then the last step will come... painting the mask!

drop your thumbs, friends

Hello, Citizens of Babylon 5 !!

Now i made my first self-made-mask. The silicone has been poured into my mold and put out again. The first try was shit of course, but now i have the experience, i think it reached about 85% of my claim.

Now it must only be painted, then it´s ready. I think about two methods...
1. with the professional colours of smooth on or 2. i use airbrush.
but i must learn and look first what is better and/ or cheaper.

But for the first you may have a look yourself :eek:
It´s the mask, unpainted in generally ground skin colour

And, what do you think about that? :bolian:

oh yeah!! you dont know how long i was working ONLY for the positive head!! :eek::)

Well, now i think about what kind of colour i use... it´s not cheap, so i have to calculate before i order.
And i have to wait a little bit for my next money:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back