• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Timeline of B5

It's finally over,i watched lost tales, i readed the psi corp trilogy, then the legion of fire trilogy then finally watched the last episode.
I was a little bored in the first two volume of the psi-corp, but i loved the last one.
About the lost tales, i didn't like the first part, but loved the second one. B5 in Hd looks great, but seemed a little empty (i understood why later with sleeping in light).
Legion of fire was great, provided much needed closure on both B5 and crusade (The excalibur crew did find a cure and the drakh problem is solved). It also showed us how vir has evolved. Early vir would have never ran an underground resistance and asked galen to mind-control someone.
Sleeping in light now, this episode was made to make people cry, that's the only logical explanation. It was a great final episode. I'm not sure sheridan is really dead still, it seemed to me that he was going with the first one/vorlon/shadow.
The final 5 minutes carried even more emotion, B5 blowing up, the music, and the ending credit.

I just readed the original JMS 5 years plan on another topic. This plan finally explains the B4 incoherence i was taking about the last time. About the original plan, there are some things i like better, the best thing would have been, i think, to have the best of both together (I'd have liked the series as we know it expect the warrior cast win the minbari civil war and enter another war with earth, then B5 blows up, they steal B4 and have to fight against both clark's regime and the minbari).

Even darker and more desperate, eh? (Ever seen BSG?) That could have been very interesting, but they would have had to rename the show halfway through, and it might have gotten confusing.

Now, of course, you can join the generalized conversation without being spoiled, so enjoy.

No extra taxes you mean. Even non-UK buyers would have to pay the same UK VAT (sales tax) as in the UK. Still, it's a pretty good deal, and has been for quite some time. I and my bf bought it together as our mutual Christmas present last year. As an added bonus, it also has the French soundtrack for those who like/need them.

Thanks for the extra infos, i think i'll buy one in a few weeks. French audio will definitively be an extra, if i ever wish to have a friend discover the serie (i hope the dub isn't too bad, but i can't tell myself since i'm way too biased. I think all dubs are bad and everything should be watched in original version) .

Thanks for the extra infos, i think i'll buy one in a few weeks. French audio will definitively be an extra, if i ever wish to have a friend discover the serie (i hope the dub isn't too bad, but i can't tell myself since i'm way too biased. I think all dubs are bad and everything should be watched in original version) .

OT I know, but my wife spent a year working in Israel as a volunteer many moons ago, and says that the single most surreal experience of her life was going to the cinema in Haifa with some of the other volunteers and watching one of the Bond movies dubbed into Arabic and with Hebrew sub-titles.

:D

It's finally over,i watched lost tales, i readed the psi corp trilogy, then the legion of fire trilogy then finally watched the last episode.

How about the "The Shadow Within" (which leads into the third trilogy)? You read the Psi Corps and Centauri trilogies, but not the Technomage trilogy. Then there's also the single novel that deals with Sinclair after he went to become Ambassador to Minbar "To Dream in the City of Sorrows."

Title: Book #7 The Shadow Within
Author: Cavelos, Jeanne
Timeframe: 11/2256 - 01/2257
Isbn1: 0-440-22348-2
Copyright1: April 1997
Publisher1: Dell
Isbn2: 0-345-45218-6
Copyright2: December 2002
Publisher2: DelRey

Title: The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book I - Casting Shadows
Timeframe: 11/2258-12/31/2258
Isbn1: 0-345-42721-1
Copyright1: March 2001
Publisher1: DelRey

Title: The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book II - Summoning Light
Timeframe: 1/2259-2/2259
Isbn1: 0-345-42722-X
Copyright1: July 2001

Title: The Passing of the Techno-Mages - Book III - Invoking Darkness
Timeframe: 8/2260-2261
Isbn1: 0-345-43833-7
Copyright1: December 2001

and

Title: Book #9 To Dream in the City of Sorrows
Author: Drennan, Kathryn M.
Timeframe Marcus in 10/2260, recalling events of 1/2259-9/2260.
Isbn1: 0-440-22354-7
Copyright1: July 1997
Publisher1: Dell
Isbn2: 0-345-45219-4
Copyright2: July 2003
Publisher2: DelRey

The Technomage trilogy is essentially the story of Galen (from A Call to Arms, Crusade and Lost Tales), and intertwines with several B5 episodes (The Geometry of Shadows, Interludes and Examinations, and Z'ha'dum) as well as Crusade (Gideon's flashbacks to his ship, The Cerberus, being destroyed.).

About the lost tales, i didn't like the first part, but loved the second one. B5 in Hd looks great, but seemed a little empty (i understood why later with sleeping in light).

Then you misunderstood. The Lost Tales takes place in 2271, what would have been the fifth year of Crusade. The reason that the station is almost empty is because Warner Brothers did not allocate enough of a budget for showing a busy station (i.e. to hire more of the original cast as well as extras.), and because all of the B5 and Crusade sets were destroyed years ago, and there was no time or money to rebuild them. Go back and compare Comes the Inquisitor and B5-The Lost Tales. The former looks like a lived-in, bustling station and the latter looks like a ghost town. This has absolutely nothing to do the reasons the station looked empty in Sleeping in Light.

Sleeping in Light took place in 2281, 10 years after The Lost Tales (excluding Galen's 2301 flashforward), and in Sleeping in Light the station is almost empty because it's about to be decommissioned. and destroyed.

Last edited:
How about the "The Shadow Within" (which leads into the third trilogy)? You read the Psi Corps and Centauri trilogies, but not the Technomage trilogy. Then there's also the single novel that deals with Sinclair after he went to become Ambassador to Minbar "To Dream in the City of Sorrows."

The latter of which in terms of canon, has a seal of approvalin the form of a foreword by jms.

Then you misunderstood. The Lost Tales takes place in 2271, what would have been the fifth year of Crusade. The reason that the station is almost empty is because Warner Brothers did not allocate enough of a budget for showing a busy station (i.e. to hire more of the original cast as well as extras.), and because all of the B5 and Crusade sets were destroyed years ago, and there was no time or money to rebuild them. Go back and compare Comes the Inquisitor and B5-The Lost Tales. The former looks like a lived-in, bustling station and the latter looks like a ghost town. This has absolutely nothing to do the reasons the station looked empty in Sleeping in Light.

Sleeping in Light took place in 2281, 10 years after The Lost Tales (excluding Galen's 2301 flashforward), and in Sleeping in Light the station is almost empty because it's about to be decommissioned. and destroyed.

While I don't disagree at all with what you say... it is sensible to assume that B5 would be in some form of decline as the Alliance became more stable in it's role and assumed the mantle of many of B5's attributes.

I don't think that would mean it would be empty by 2271 - far from it, because a loss of political importance aside... it would still be a good point of contact for tradesman and a useful rallying point for Alliance ships.

You have to have a period of natural decline to get from the "A" of Sheridan's era, to the "B" of the Decommissioning Officer's statement in SiL.

The latter of which in terms of canon, has a seal of approvalin the form of a foreword by jms.

While I don't disagree at all with what you say... it is sensible to assume that B5 would be in some form of decline as the Alliance became more stable in it's role and assumed the mantle of many of B5's attributes.

I don't think that would mean it would be empty by 2271 - far from it, because a loss of political importance aside... it would still be a good point of contact for tradesman and a useful rallying point for Alliance ships.

You have to have a period of natural decline to get from the "A" of Sheridan's era, to the "B" of the Decommissioning Officer's statement in SiL.

I don't disagree with what you say, either. However, in 2281, JMS made a point to show the station populated by only a skeleton crew, and there was a story reason for it.
icon14.gif

In 2271, it was supposed to be the 10 year anniversary of the IA, and supposedly the station was bustling, yet it looked deserted. Had B5-TLT been shot at the end of Crusade's production, even though some of the B5 sets had already been destroyed, it wouldn't have looked that deserted. In Crusade, they still had the Zocolo (See "Ruling from the Tomb" where they used part of it represent a Mars Dome shopping/bar area, and "The Rules of the Game" as the actual B5 Zocolo.).

I tell ya, rewatching "Comes the Inquisitor" yesterday has spoiled me rotten for the sight of a crowded, bustling station. Remember G'Kar speaking to the crowd? Remember Vir watching do it? Remember Sebastian looking down on the crowded Zocolo as he was met by Sheridan at the beginning? Oh, the good ol' days. <sigh>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back