• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Damn you JMS!

OK, now I'm curious about some of the details of the commerce of the buying and selling of these books.

Will one have to remember to go to their web site every two weeks or so and place another order for the lastest one?

Will you be able to enter a "subscription" at the beginning, where they charge your credit evey two weeks (or once a month for two volumes)?

Will you *have* to do a subscription to the get 15th volume? Or will they cross-reference all of the a la carte orders and ship you 15 when you have ordered all of the other 14?

And is $29 the "out the door" price that you actually pay? Or is that the "before shipping" price? And will paying for the shipping make it more economical to have them shipped 2 or 3 at a time?

You know pretty much everything we do at this point. I've been assuming that there'd be some kind of subscription but I don't know anything about e-commerce at all.

As JMS said, they're still working out the details. I wouldn't even count on the $29/39 prices yet if I were you. We'll find out when the website goes live, sometime in October as JMS said.

Jan

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that i thought there were more answers to be had at this point. Just that I was immediately curious about how those things would eventually turn out. :cool:

Sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, we're all chomping at the bit already! :D What I thought was really cool was when Amy suggested that the Joke Script be included, JMS went looking for it and found it to include in the bonus book.

Jan

For those who wondered, this just appeared on the newsgroup:

Title: Re: an update from jms
Author: jmsatb5@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:35:51 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <1126654414.953620.5080@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

Richard Pertwee wrote:
> Excellent news! Will this retailer be able to ship to those of us
> outside the US...such as the UK? I really don't want to miss out on
> this, just because I happen to live on the "wrong" side of the pond.
>
> --

Yup, as I understand it there's no problem shipping overseas.

jms

Jan

Must have.... them all! No really, if JMS himself indeed concurs that they are shippable overseas, maybe event to Finland... Damn I'm going to be so happy. So damn happy!

Yeh :cool: :eek:

Must have, must have, MUST HAVE!!!!!

The whole of the original Sinclair arc? YES!!!! Then I can finally see if my guesses about the story in its original form are close to the mark!

First off, the positive. This is great news ... superb even.

However, the only items I am really interested in are in the free 15th volume. Seems a shame that I have to spend over $400 that I don't really have on stuff that I don't really want in order to get the bits that I do really want.

Such is marketing in the 21st Century I guess.

:(

First off, the positive. This is great news ... superb even.

However, the only items I am really interested in are in the free 15th volume. Seems a shame that I have to spend over $400 that I don't really have on stuff that I don't really want in order to get the bits that I do really want.

Such is marketing in the 21st Century I guess.

:(

Yea, that is a rather annoying bit of all of this. Like when a famous musician puts one new song on a "Platinum Collection of Greatest Hits". :rolleyes:

I'd actually give a minor organ to find out what BABYLON PRIME was all about... given that B5 was the last of the Babylon stations. I wonder how close it was to Crusade's idea...

Or maybe it transformed into a big red truck!!
TF83-con_prime.gif

For those who wondered, this just appeared on the newsgroup:

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:35:51 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <1126654414.953620.5080@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

Richard Pertwee wrote:
> Excellent news! Will this retailer be able to ship to those of us
> outside the US...such as the UK? I really don't want to miss out on
> this, just because I happen to live on the "wrong" side of the pond.
>
> --

Yup, as I understand it there's no problem shipping overseas.

jms

Jan

Yep, that was me who asked ;)

"The people who called us liars, accused us of calling jms a liar, said we were stupid, couldn't read, and were just big ol' poopy-heads for not admitting that we were wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG in suggesting such a thing."

Poopy-heads?! You realize of course this means war! :p

This mornings post:

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:14:20 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <1126771922.436673.146240@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

> While we're on this subject of scripts, I apologize if this has been
> addressed before, but... Any chance of also doing the 'Crusade' scripts at
> some point, including the "Unmade" episodes a few of us were fortunate
> enough to read on the late, lamented bookshelf.com?
>

Should these first volumes go as planned, then we will look to release
more down the road, including "Crusade."

The site has now gone up, at least insofar as it now has a page there
where folks can sign in their email addresses in order to be notified
when it goes fuly online. It's both babylon5scripts.com and
b5scripts.com

It would be great if all the folks seeing this could pass along the
word to the various other websites and newsgroups where Our People are
still hanging out, to get the word out...though the funny thing is that
when the sign-up page went up for 30 seconds just for a test, 5 people
signed in within 30 seconds....

jms

Crimeney!!!!

ok ok I want them. Well I at least want to read it all, I just dunno if I'm willing to part with music money to buy all of this stuff.

FWIW, I always contended that Sinclair was originally intended to go the distance simply due to logic: who the hell replaces THE major hero character? Ok, surprises is one thing, but not the #1 dude, no way.

The one thing I argued with people is that he and Delenn were gonna hook up, which JMS denied but I don't believe him. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back