• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Space epic comics?

Raw Shark

Regular
So I have a question for all you comic fans out there: Who has one or more favorite space-based, epic-scale comic series? Ones that might be similar in scope or tone to Babylon 5? The Babylon 5 comic does not count for this. One of mine? Dynamo Joe. I have others, but want to see what other people say first.

Raw Shark

So I have a question for all you comic fans out there: Who has one or more favorite space-based, epic-scale comic series? Ones that might be similar in scope or tone to Babylon 5? The Babylon 5 comic does not count for this. One of mine? Dynamo Joe. I have others, but want to see what other people say first.

Raw Shark

I haven't found time for comics for a few years, but I used to be a big fan of Jim Starlin - Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Dreadstar, all equal in scope to B5. Not to mention, well written, and well drawn.

Yeah, I actually posted this question after re-reading my Dreadstar hardcover. I still love that series after 20 years, and another hardcover is supposed to be out soon. I noticed many similarities with B5 in just the first 12 issues, but then, Dreadstar has many similarities to Star Wars. I've also been re-reading my Robotech: The Sentinels series, which really sets itself apart from their other storylines. Dynamo Joe from First Comics was a really under-appreciated series, very imaginative. I've also gotten my Alien Legions out of storage, but haven't re-read those yet.

I'd love to see Crusade or Jeremiah continued in comic form, I think either one could be very cool. Some of the B5 comics tended to be kind of clunky, but there's no reason they couldn't be great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back