• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Does anyone watch Jericho?

StarStuff

Regular
Jericho is one of the shows that I make sure to watch or at least record. It's really quite good. The original publicity says - - "A nuclear mushroom cloud apprears on the horizon and for the residents of Jericho - a small Kansas town, it could mean they're the only Americans left alive." We now know that many of the major cities have been wipped out including Washington - - (maybe not a bad thing).

Yea I've been watching it since the start. It's one of the only shows on TV this season that is really any good IMO.

24 has become its own joke starting with Season 4, and it's become less and less funny.
Lost was kind of lame this season, but has finally started getting better as of late.
BSG was even off a bit this season.

Jericho is good. Its an interesting premise. They do deliver pretty well with some of the the crisis and issues that people like that might be dealing with. There is clearly also an overall arc/plot that is slowly being revealed. The characters are decent too, which is nice.

The score/music is the only part that gets irritating after a while. :)

I agree with you about 24 and Lost and I stopped watching BSG some time ago. And as you say Jericho has situations that you can relate to and also has a compelling "arc."

Spoilers below.

I watch Jericho every week. I'm REALLY excited this week, because my Tuesday schedule now goes like this:

8pm: Jericho
9pm: Deadliest Catch (new season premiere!!) on Discovery
10pm: Bullrun on SpikeTV

I live in Columbus, Ohio, so it was kind of eerie seeing Hawkins holding the name of my city when he was supposed to go nuke it. Glad he didn't, though. :)

Definitely not cancelled. This first season will be complete. Whether or not get gets renewed for next year...who knows.

Definitely one of the three shows I make sure to catch every week alongside Lost and BSG. Too bad BSG is done until January.

Back on topic though, Jericho has been very good since coming back for the break. Unfortunately the ratings suffered a lot from it.

This show is still getting it done. Its by far the best new show this year IMO. Its still interesting and getting even more interesting. The characters are nice, but this show is almost more about the drama and developments of the world around them. A lot of shows these days are really attempting to be character driven (folks like Joss must have started a trend). While Jericho has some great characters, I think its the world they are in, and how they are all trying to survive that keeps pulling me in. This latest twist with the neighboring town is excellent. Really a chance to show some interesting parts of humanity and some big "what ifs"

I think the finale will be great if things go where they seem to. Hopefully this one gets renewed for next year.

I'm always afraid to delve into brand new shows because studios tend to bail on the best of series. I usually give it a year or so to see it the networks will keep it and then catch up via DVD.

That said, I've heard so much about this show (that is good) I'm not sure I can wait. Grrr!

Not sure I can say much that hasn't been said already, but basically, I would agree with all those that like it.

It is also one of my current favorites and probably the best new show of the season.

We may not find out until the network "up-fronts" in mid-May whether it is renewed for a 2nd season, but I definitely hope it is. And if it is, I hope they don't give it such a huge winter hiatus. I think that's proven harmful to both Jericho and Lost, possibly a few others. Maybe going back to the old days of shorter breaks filled with reruns is the way to go afterall.

Just read this show was not picked up for next year, which bums me out. Too bad since I really liked it and it was one of the best shows this year. Although, considering like 3 other people on this site actually commented in this thread, I guess its not surprising.

Just read this show was not picked up for next year, which bums me out. Too bad since I really liked it and it was one of the best shows this year. Although, considering like 3 other people on this site actually commented in this thread, I guess its not surprising.

On the ABC LOST site many fans of Jericho have started with the letter writing campaign already to both CBS and also asking SciFi Channel if they might consider buying it, if CBS is willing to sell it. I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes, and thought it was pretty decent, but, post Apocolyptic isn't my forte, so it didn't hold my interest.

That leaves LOST and Criminal Minds as the only non-cable TV I watch anymore. I probably won't even watch CM now, because it was on after, oh, that's right, JERICHO. Broadcast TV has NOTHING else to offer, and I won't put faith in a broadcast TV show ever again. Fucking idiots. "duuuhhhh, ratings dropped after the mid season hiatus!" No, REALLY Sherlock?? WTF did you EXPECT to happen?? Why can't you people STAND BEHIND your shows -- like you USED to -- instead of throwing shit at the proverbial wall and hoping something sticks?? Even then, when something DOES stick, you make us wait 6 weeks in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING SEASON before we can see the rest!

I can't even get pissed about this anymore (if you want to know why, read my sig). I should have learned my lesson after Firefly. This is exactly why I'm not watching 24. If they cancel it before the story is finished, then the fans are SOL. If they don't, then I'll just buy (or rent & burn) the DVD season sets.

They've done this to us on so many shows:

Invasion
The Nine
Firefly
Drive
Sons & Daughters
Commander in Chief
and now Jericho.

To broadcast TV networks:

middlefingerflamejpgw30cn8.jpg

On the ABC LOST site many fans of Jericho have started with the letter writing campaign already to both CBS and also asking SciFi Channel if they might consider buying it, if CBS is willing to sell it. I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes, and thought it was pretty decent, but, post Apocolyptic isn't my forte, so it didn't hold my interest.

Jericho is a Warner Brothers show. What other Warner Brothers show do we know of that couldn't go to be picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel (which is part of NBC-Universal)?

Worse yet, on the Jericho site (Community area) fans are petitioning TNT to pick it up. Well, maybe that might work out not too bad, ...at least they might not screw it as badly as Crusade. I've seen horses in Jericho, and it is in the midwest. However, I don't trust the bozos at TNT-Atlanta at all.

Jericho is a Warner Brothers show. What other Warner Brothers show do we know of that couldn't go to be picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel (which is part of NBC-Universal)?

Worse yet, on the Jericho site (Community area) fans are petitioning TNT to pick it up. Well, maybe that might work out not too bad, ...at least they might not screw it as badly as Crusade. I've seen horses in Jericho, and it is in the midwest. However, I don't trust the bozos at TNT-Atlanta at all.

Well, that doesn't sound real promising, does it?

The On-line petition already has over 12,000 signatures on it, maybe there is a chance for you fans to change someone's mind?

That leaves LOST and Criminal Minds as the only non-cable TV I watch anymore. I probably won't even watch CM now, because it was on after, oh, that's right, JERICHO.

CM is still worth watching. If I could watch CSI reruns on Spike, and they aired it after wrestling :p, you can watch CM on CBS. ;)

Broadcast TV has NOTHING else to offer, and I won't put faith in a broadcast TV show ever again.

The biggest offender is FOX, although CBS is catching up.

Fucking idiots. "duuuhhhh, ratings dropped after the mid season hiatus!" No, REALLY Sherlock?? WTF did you EXPECT to happen?? Why can't you people STAND BEHIND your shows -- like you USED to -- instead of throwing shit at the proverbial wall and hoping something sticks?? Even then, when something DOES stick, you make us wait 6 weeks in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING SEASON before we can see the rest!

That's what happens when they run out of episodes.

I can't even get pissed about this anymore (if you want to know why, read my sig). I should have learned my lesson after Firefly. This is exactly why I'm not watching 24. If they cancel it before the story is finished, then the fans are SOL. If they don't, then I'll just buy (or rent & burn) the DVD season sets.

They've done this to us on so many shows:

Invasion
The Nine
Firefly
Drive
Sons & Daughters
Commander in Chief
and now Jericho.

Oh that's right, Drive, another FOX casualty. I quit watching FOX after Wonderfalls' cancellation in April 2004.Screw FOX and screw TNT.

Cancelled Favorites:
(Network, years, latest 1st run airdate)
----------------------------------------
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (FOX, 1993-1994), May 1994, 27 episodes.

Strange Luck (FOX, 1995-1996) February 1996, 17 episodes.

**Brimstone (FOX, 1998-1999) February 1999, 13 episodes.

**Crusade (TNT, 1999) September 1999, 13 episodes.

The Ellen Show (CBS, 2001-2002) January 2002, 18 episodes, 5 unaired.
**The Tick (FOX, 2001-2002) January 2002, 9 episodes, 1 unaired.
Special Unit 2 (UPN, 2001-2002) February 2002, 19 episodes.
*The Chronicle (SCI-FI, 2001-2002) March 2002, 22 episodes.
Titus (FOX, 2000-2002), August 2002, 54 episodes.

Firefly (FOX, 2002) December 2002, 15 episodes, 3 unaired.
Farscape (SCI-FI, 1999-2003) March 2003, 88 episodes and 1 TV movie.
John Doe (FOX, 2002-2003) April 2003, 21 episodes.
The Agency (CBS, 2001-2003) May 2003, 44 episodes.
**Keen Eddie (FOX, 2003) July 2003, 13 episodes, 6 unaired by FOX.
*Tremors - The Series (SCI-FI, 2003) August 2003, 13 episodes.
Peacemakers (USA, 2003) October 2003, 10 episodes.
Boomtown (NBC, 2002-2003) October 2003, 24 episodes (S1: 18, S2: 6)
** & ***Wonderfalls (FOX, 2004) April 2004, 13 episodes, 9 unaired by FOX.

The Class (CBS, 2006-2007) March 2007, 19 episodes
Jericho (CBS, 2006-2007) May 2007, 22 episodes

* Guilty pleasure.
**Absolute Favorites.
*** That was the last straw for me with regards to starting to watch any new show on FOX. Never again.

To broadcast TV networks:

middlefingerflamejpgw30cn8.jpg

Oooooh, what I send to TNT-Atlanta with both hands, every time I think of them. :devil:

Last edited:
Jericho's decline isn't due just to the hiatus, it's also the mind numbing American Idol's return

Personally, I lost interest in Jericho during the hiatus and almost didn't start watching again when it restarted in February. However, I DID remember to record all of the episodes, and got back into it during a few marathon sessions. Note that this is coming from a person who avoids American Idol (and all "Reality TV") like the plague. I literally CANNOT STAND those shows. The few bits I've seen of American Idol were like scraping nails on the blackboard (skreeeeech!!!), to me. Sifting through all of that crap to find the few people with talent, would be a job that I would absolutely HATE to do. It'd be torture. I feel sorry for the people who have to listen to that every day as their job, including Simon.

Well the OnLine petition is up over 27,000 signatures now. Comapred to other successful petitions online, is that a strong start for only a couple of days since the cancellation was announced (Rumor stated Tuesday, confirmed Weds morning with Fall schedule release)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back