B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old December 19th 19, 14:08   #1
KoshN

Want to Get the B5 Novels on Kindle? Say something. Indicate Demand.

It'd be great to get the B5 novels (not 1 thru 6 & 8) on Kindle. I don't know about you but a lot of my paperbacks are falling apart, paper yellowing and fragile.

I tweeted JMS yesterday ↓ about getting the B5 novels and short stories on Kindle, and I'm not expecting a reply from him or anybody else in the tweet. Who knows, he might have me muted (because I'm a conservative.). (shrug)

@straczynski
@AmazonKindle
@amazon
@AmazonHelp

I'd love to see #Babylon5 novels #7 The Shadow Within, #9 To Dream in the City of Sorrows, the three trilogies (Psi Corps, Centauri & Technomage) & the short stories available on Kindle.

Do you know of any way to make that happen?
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th 19, 21:11   #2
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Want to Get the B5 Novels on Kindle? Say something. Indicate Demand.

I guess this would be more in the province of the publisher – was it Del Ray in the US? – and the authors. I think you can reach Jeanne Cavelos on Twitter via @OdysseyWorkshop, that might be a good place to start.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th 19, 16:39   #3
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
It'd be great to get the B5 novels (not 1 thru 6 & 8) on Kindle. I don't know about you but a lot of my paperbacks are falling apart, paper yellowing and fragile.

I tweeted JMS yesterday ↓ about getting the B5 novels and short stories on Kindle, and I'm not expecting a reply from him or anybody else in the tweet. Who knows, he might have me muted (because I'm a conservative.). (shrug)
I wouldn't assume he'd block you for being conservative unless you were argumentative and not able to back up your stances intelligently with valid sources.

<snip>
Do you know of any way to make that happen?[/QUOTE]

I would assume that the publisher would need to make an arrangement with WB and the authors. As I recall, JMS said not long ago that the copyrights for the short stories belonged to WB but I don't know if that would be the case for the novels.

I'd love to see it happen!

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd 19, 01:53   #4
KoshN

I know that JMS doesn't have me blocked. That, you can tell. Muted, you can't tell. It's extremely rare that I tweet anything to him and have never been argumentative.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old December 22nd 19, 19:07   #5
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
I know that JMS doesn't have me blocked. That, you can tell. Muted, you can't tell. It's extremely rare that I tweet anything to him and have never been argumentative.
Then it's kind of paranoid to even consider that you might be, IMO. Pretty sure he's got better things to do than pre-emptively mute conservatives.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd 19, 23:02   #6
KoshN

Paranoid, no. I'm just a pessimist.
Old December 24th 19, 22:25   #7
Looney
Telepath

Moving back to seeing the books on Kindle. Does anyone think that would motivate me to sit down and read them? LOL

Seriously I NEED to do it, but I just never do it.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th 19, 02:54   #8
KoshN

Kindle is GREAT. You can make notes, highlight and search within a book or through all of your books on Kindle. Ever wonder where you read something? Search. Search a name, e.g. Elizar and it'll show every page of every book where Elizar shows up, and in the context of its paragraph.

Get the kind with an internet connection. My Kindle Paperwhite has 3G and downloads a book in ~30 seconds. I have about 120 books on mine in about the space of 6" x 4" x "".

Last edited by KoshN; December 25th 19 at 03:01.