B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 13th 03, 20:16   #1
Ranger Shoshanah
First One

Reading my replies

In the "private message" section, how can I display both the incoming message and my reply in the same place? Also, I've send several replies within the past week or so, but they don't show up in the "sent" section. Am I just being too impatient, or what did I do wrong *this* time?
Ranger Shoshanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th 03, 20:23   #2
Kribu
Administrator

Re: Reading my replies

I'm not sure I get the first part of the question .. do you want the incoming message to display on your screen when you're composing a reply (that's there by default, on the bottom of the screen), or save them together in the same place? Or quote the incoming message in your reply? If the latter, you'd just need to copy and paste the incoming message in your reply, I think.

As for saving a copy of your own reply/message in the Sent folder .. you need to tick the "I want to keep a copy of this message" box right below the message composing area before sending the message off. If the box is not ticked, then the message is not saved in your Sent folder.
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 03, 00:55   #3
Ranger Shoshanah
First One

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'd like to be able to see the original message and my reply in the same place, so I know what the heck I was talking about. What can I say--I'll be 55 in February, and I've got a memory, or a lack thereof, to match.
Ranger Shoshanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 03, 03:36   #4
Kribu
Administrator

The original message should be in the bottom of the screen when you're composing the reply message.

So when you get a PM and click Reply to this Message, on the next screen you should have the reply composing area, then under it the instant codes, then the reply options (preview, save a copy etc) and under that is the original message. You might need to scroll a bit to see it, depending on your screen resolution.

You can only see the original message on the bottom of the screen when composing the first draft of your reply though, i.e. once you decide to preview your own message, you don't see the original message anymore.

I think this is the only way the board software allows you to see the original message and your reply at the same time.
Kribu is offline   Reply With Quote