B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 14th 03, 17:50   #1
Infested Londo
First One

FIREWALL!!!

Ok... I just watched Firewall.

This episode... GOD...

No TV show has made me feel this way ever since Babylon 5... What an amazing episode.

What a great feeling of stress... Mixed emotions... Marcus arguing with Jeremiah about starting a war... It was just... I'm just... This is just...

Help me!

And finally lots of new thigns are revealed... That weirdo being Jeremiah's brother or whatever... Valhala sector... Things starting to unwrap... and enwrap...
Just like in the old Babylon 5 episodes...

Can anyone tell me how many more episodes there are to season 1?

Are there gonna be more seasons?
I understood there's already a season 2 - is that true? And if so, is the show only getting better?
Infested Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th 03, 20:15   #2
CelleDuSoleil
Ambassador

Re: FIREWALL!!!

Quote:
What a great feeling of stress... Mixed emotions... Marcus arguing with Jeremiah about starting a war... It was just... I'm just... This is just...
Yeah. I usually liken "Firewall" to "The Coming of the Shadows" in how it makes me feel y'know like just ... yeah. That whole scene with Markus and Jeremiah arguing is one of my favourites: Jeremiah's just throughing a fit ang Markus is trying to keep himself rational then he just novas into homicidal rage and Jeremiah's left trying to calm Markus down. Great stuff

And the way it ends with Meaghan who manages to be both Delenn and Kosh. Beautiful.

But be warned, there are some stinkers coming up. Still the season ends really well and there will indeed be a second season.
CelleDuSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th 03, 21:17   #3
Mike G

Quote:

Yeah. I usually liken "Firewall" to "The Coming of the Shadows" in how it makes me feel y'know like just ... yeah.
"Firewall" is more like "Signs and Portents", the first episode to get the arc going. You'll like "Tripwire", which is another big arc episode, and the finale, "Things left Unsaid" is "Chrysalis" times 2...
Old June 14th 03, 21:38   #4
FlipperPA
First One

The are 20 episodes in the first season... well, 18 episodes, with the first (The Long Road) and the last (Thing Left Unsaid) being 2 parters.

Season 2 of Jeremiah has 15 episodes.

-Tim
FlipperPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th 03, 23:56   #5
channe
First One

Ah, you like Firewall?

You'll LOVE Tripwire.

And the last two.

I think Firewall was when the show really "got it" last season. It was great and all before, but -- you could tell that someone hit a stride somewhere with that one. Glorious.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th 03, 00:45   #6
CelleDuSoleil
Ambassador

...which is what I meant about "The Coming of the Shadows" It's not a plot-wise thing -- it's the ep of a series where you feel that something just clicked and you begin to see not just the potential for greatness but a ray of that greatness itself.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go burn some incenses at my JMS-Joss Whedon shrine and ritually sacrifice a Twinkie.
CelleDuSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th 03, 02:00   #7
Infested Londo
First One

Quote:
Now if you'll excuse me I have to go burn some incenses at my JMS-Joss Whedon shrine and ritually sacrifice a Twinkie.
hehe

God, this makes me feel so great... I mean, after the first episodes, I remember telling myself - "Well, this is DEFINITELY a great show... Nothing B5ish, but a great show...".

Then came that episode with Jason Priestly... And then a few other emotional moments here and there (specially in the episodew before, with Curdy finding out about his dad and mom - such a sad moment)... And I remember telling my friend - "Man, for a few moments there, you could actually feel as if Kosh's doing a little guest-starring"...
And the episode yesterday REALLY blew my mind...

Jeremiah's aired every Saturday night at 23:35 here in Israel... Since I have to go to the army every Sunday, and get home only every other weekend, I don't have much time for myself... My weekends are usually - get home at Thursday, try to meet my old school friends, be with my family, go out on Friday night, play soccer on Saturday, and the great finale - just before going to sleep into another day in the army - watch Jeremiah...

And yesterday I was SO depressed by the thought of going to the army again today (I'm writing this message 1 hour before getting on the buss), that I felt like I don't give a shit about Jeremiah right now... I said "oh I'll just watch it and go to sleep"... But when I watched it I just got so excited, it came out of no where... I really didn't expect it to be such a blast... Right from the first moments - the chopper, that old guy, the EVERYTHING... It reminded me indeed of "Signs And Portents" (over "Coming Of Shadows"...), cause it really was the first episode when we get some great arc stuff... Lots of weird things starting to reveal, most of which we can't understand... Just when we think we got the plot and probably know how things are gonna go right now, JMS takes all the puzzle pieces and mix'em up again... Then throws them all into the fire, grabs a shovel, takes the ashes out and stump all over them... Insane-Plot-Building, JMS style...

There was this certain part... I don't ermember where exactly, I think in Jeremiah's argument with Markus, when I felt this twitch, the EXACT same one I felt when John jumped into Za'hadum... I've never felt it before the scene with John, and haven't felt it until the scene with Jeremiah and Markus... And I remember screaming at my sister - "Goddamnit he's doing B5 all over again!"...
It was something very particular about Markus's face... He had this momentary look of frustration which was SO awesome... I gotta go check it out again in my tape...

I know it's a LOT to say, but it's true... THIS is the sequel we wanted to Babylon 5. It has the feel, it has the vibes, and it's got a brand new story, too.

I'm not starting an argument on "is it better or not", B5 has a lot of emotional things, nostalgie feelings, which make us always look at it as the "best thing EVA"...
Which may be true.

But Jeremiah, if it continues this way, if Luke Perry and the dude playing Markus keep giving such huge performances - can definitely become the next best thing.

And now I can't wait to see what's next.

Are there any talks of Season 3 yet? Or is the show over (please tell me it's another 5-seasons-thingy... I love that).

Oh, and NO SPOILERS, please...
Infested Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th 03, 07:27   #8
Elric
Ambassador

Quote:
...and the finale, "Things left Unsaid" is "Chrysalis" times 2...
More like times 10

Quote:
Are there any talks of Season 3 yet? Or is the show over (please tell me it's another 5-seasons-thingy... I love that).
I think he has planned to do a 5 season story - lets hope the ratings are good enough so JMS gets to make all 5
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th 03, 13:37   #9
Lyta

Heh, it figures when I stop paying attention to these forums that someone posts something really great! I have been too busy trying to keep up with my own site after neglecting it for a few weeks that this site has fallen to the wayside.

Anyway, I am so happy you are enjoying the show and Firewall is indeed a great episode. I agree with Channe that this is the episode that things really fell into place. It is way too early for me to say if this show is better than B5 or not yet but there are certain elements that are similar and there is the potential as well.

I remember reading the script for the pilot episode which I think happened just after Rangers aired and I could immediately see where JMS' passion was. As much as I liked Rangers and hoped that would continue to improve as a series ... I am so much happier he can focus on Jeremiah now.

Let me see if I can answer some questions...

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how many more episodes there are to season 1?

Are there gonna be more seasons? I understood there's already a season 2 - is that true? And if so, is the show only getting better?
There are twenty episodes in season one and you can see the list of episodes here:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/eps/index.html

There is going to be a season two which is currently wrapping in post-production. No one has seen it yet as it is supposed to air in Aug or Sept of this year but my sources say it is going to blow the first season out of the water.

Quote:
Since season two hasn't even aired and Showtime and MGM are oddly silent about even that season, there hasn't been a word about another season. Still, JMS has planned a 5 year story for Jeremiah so there is hope.

All I can say is to keep watching season one as it does get better. I am anxious to see your reaction to the season finale.
Lyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th 03, 01:29   #10
kin_of_zathras
First One

Well after a string of non-JMS episodes had dampened my enthusiam for Jeremiah, JMS came right back and hit me over the head with Tripwire. What an episode. The feelings of impending and encircling doom just like the Late 3rd season of B5. Was this Egan guy trying to sabotage the show or something, His heart certainly wasn't in it. I can't remember JMS saying anything positive or supportive of him. Ah well at least he's gone for S2.
kin_of_zathras is offline   Reply With Quote