B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Ancillary forums > Questions & suggestions

Old September 5th 09, 23:40   #1
KoshN

Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers" ?

Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers
--B5 world
--B5 related
--B5 personnel
--B5 FAQ

See http://www.b5tv.com/showpost.php?p=349892&postcount=8

What do you think, Antony? Would that be a lot of trouble to do?
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th 09, 18:11   #2
AntonyF
Administrator

Re: Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers

We do actually have the FAQ system we could use. Admittedly I'd have to give people permission to use that, so maybe a forum thread thing would be better.

Thoughts anyone else?
Old September 8th 09, 18:40   #3
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas
Re: Any Chance We Could Have a "B5 FAQ" Area added to "Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers

I think an additional forum would be satisfactory. How do you see that working, KoshN? Separate topics for questions, or would a sticky post in B5.world work as well to dump it all in?
Old September 8th 09, 19:43   #4
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markas View Post
I think an additional forum would be satisfactory. How do you see that working, KoshN? Separate topics for questions, or would a sticky post in B5.world work as well to dump it all in?
I'm not sure how the permissions could work, i.e. I don't know what's possible.

The FAQ threads themselves in:

Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers
--B5 FAQ

...should be read-only for everybody except the authors of those FAQs, and Administrators. We don't want it like Wikipedia where just anybody can come in and make changes willy-nilly. Only the FAQ author should normally be able to make changes. Administrators should also be able to make changes if necessary, but that should rarely be necessary.

Discussion of the FAQs, including requested changes and justification for those changes, would take place in "B5 world" or "B5 related" depending whether the FAQ was about the actual show, or about the DVDs and/or books. For example when Jan mentioned that for the first time viewer, that nothing should come between "Objects at Rest" and "Sleeping in Light", I saw her point, agreed with it, and made what I think was an appropriate change.

How's that sound?
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old September 9th 09, 19:47   #5
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

That sounds intriguing. I will investigate what is possible with thread permissions and discuss with the admin/mod group.
Old September 9th 09, 20:54   #6
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markas View Post
That sounds intriguing. I will investigate what is possible with thread permissions and discuss with the admin/mod group.
Thanks!