• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 5 if Claudia had not left....

Point 1: No, Sheridan would NOT have been as hospitable to Bester as Lochley (they were downright chummy), but he might have seen the political need for cooperation. This has happened before, including the time Ivanova almost blasted Bester as he sat outside in his ship.

Point 2: One aspect of Ivanova being drawn to Byron would be overcompensating for her caution with Marcus. She would jump in, feet first, a little too swiftly. But another big draw would be Byron's mission; trying to liberate teeps from PsiCorps - and the fate of her mother. Before romantic notions, the walls would come down out of her sheer need to protect him and to protect "the dream". It would have been a gradual opening up between the two of them. I also think Byron's character would have benefited because JMS would have had to write this love story much differently than the dominant/passive-bad-poetry session that was the romance of Byron and Lyta.

I don't think Byron would have called Ivanova his BCFMO or whatever it was he called Lyta. He'd probably call Ivanova something like an AKPB (Ass-Kicking Psycho Bitch). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Reply to B5_Obsessed: I don't think Lochley and Bester were "chummy". I think Lochley *always* did things by-the-book. She called in Bester because the Psi Cops were the only ones legally allowed to bring in the blips, at least I think that was the case. She did work to get rid of him, via orders from Earth, as soon as she could and when she saw it all going to heck in a handbasket.

She didn't want to bring in the Psi Corps in the first place, did she? It has been awhile since I've seen those episodes, but I thought she only brought Bester in when she felt the situation was just too far out of control.

I highly doubt that Ivanova (or Sheridan) would send for Bester under any circumstances. Maybe another psi cop but they'd specifically deny Bester anywhere near that station after what he did isn't that the impression you get from their opinion of him especialyl after what he did to Garibaldi? and We all know Ivanova isn't exactly by the books like Lochley.

TJ

The secret visit of Bester and his bloodhounds in "Strange Relations" would not have been approved by Ivanova. She would have told Sheridan about it before they arrived.

I believe that the original plan was for Sheridan to call in Psi Corps to round up the barricaded in telepaths. He is the 'dangerous' one. This action will have annoyed both Lyta and Garibaldi.

I believe that the original plan was for Sheridan to call in Psi Corps to round up the barricaded in telepaths. He is the 'dangerous' one. This action will have annoyed both Lyta and Garibaldi.
I can agree with the assessment that Sheridan would have been the one to bring in Bester, especially if Ivanova was the one to let them have their Colony on B5. It would have been some great scenes to see these two fight it out, especially since Sheridan knows Susan's little teep secret. It would have been difficult for both of them. Yet, I still its a possiblity that Bester might know about Susan's teepness and could have blackmailed her over it somewhere during S5. Hell, Lochley helped put Lyta in prison, Bester could have gotten her to do something like that. Hell that scene in the Zocalo where Lochley and Zack arrest Lyta would have been a helluva lot more dramatic if Ivanova had been there instead, no matter what! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back