• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT Actual DISCUSSION Thread

How ,ehrm, uh, educational!:D

Jan likes poisons and Joe will come after you with a knife, but not in the back:angel: .

Good things to know.:angel: :devil: :LOL:

I don't know if this has been asked before, I'm not going through 60 pages of thread, but how are they going to deal with Claudia's absence, not to mention Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs?

Is "The Lost Tales" supposed to take place during the original 5 years? Thats what my impression was since the whole "lost" thing. If it's supposed to take place after year 5, then they could get away with just using Lochley, not to mention Franklin and G'Kar had left the station by then (Objects at Rest).

Regardlesss, if this project is successful, I really hope we get a movie showing how Earth/ISA overcomes the Drakh plague. Technically its a b5 storyline, not just Crusade, since it was in A Call To Arms.

I don't know if this has been asked before, I'm not going through 60 pages of thread, but how are they going to deal with Claudia's absence, not to mention Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs?

Probably by mentioning or not mentioning them in dialogue. "Captain Ivanova sent word from her ship...", "Saw Dr. Franklin on ISN last night...". Many episodes never even mentioned other characters if they weren't shown so I don't think that this is a major stumbling block.

Is "The Lost Tales" supposed to take place during the original 5 years?

The Lost Tales can be any time. This first disk, for example will be set during preparations for the 10-year anniversary of the ISA. The Garibaldi storyline, we're told, touched on the far future and the distant past.

Jan

Probably by mentioning or not mentioning them in dialogue. "Captain Ivanova sent word from her ship...", "Saw Dr. Franklin on ISN last night...". Many episodes never even mentioned other characters if they weren't shown so I don't think that this is a major stumbling block.

Yes, though just to avoid any confusion that the original questioner may have, there's no reason to believe that Claudia Christian *won't* be showing up in future Lost Tales stories. Despite whatever hard feelings may be left over from her departure from the show, I don't believe anybody's ruled that out. But yeah, presumably, like in the first disk, the later stories will also only be featuring a handful of the castmembers at a time.

The Lost Tales can be any time. This first disk, for example will be set during preparations for the 10-year anniversary of the ISA. The Garibaldi storyline, we're told, touched on the far future and the distant past.

Wait, are we certain about that? Back when the Garibaldi story was intended to be included in the first disk, JMS said that this particular group of stories would give us a look at the present, the future, and the distant past (or words to that effect). Given what we now know about the Sheridan and Lochley stories, it seems *likely* that the future and distant past parts have to do with the Garibaldi story, but I don't think we can rule out the possibility that this refers to a scene or two within the Sheridan or Lochley stories, can we?

Yes, though just to avoid any confusion that the original questioner may have, there's no reason to believe that Claudia Christian *won't* be showing up in future Lost Tales stories. Despite whatever hard feelings may be left over from her departure from the show, I don't believe anybody's ruled that out. But yeah, presumably, like in the first disk, the later stories will also only be featuring a handful of the castmembers at a time.
True. JMS has only answered "Who can say?" when asked about Claudia appearing in TLT and he's got a track record of hiring the one who's right for the story, as witnessed in his hiring Foxworth (?) for Jeremiah despite his having bailed on playing General Hague.

Wait, are we certain about that? Back when the Garibaldi story was intended to be included in the first disk, JMS said that this particular group of stories would give us a look at the present, the future, and the distant past (or words to that effect). Given what we now know about the Sheridan and Lochley stories, it seems *likely* that the future and distant past parts have to do with the Garibaldi story, but I don't think we can rule out the possibility that this refers to a scene or two within the Sheridan or Lochley stories, can we?
True again. I based my supposition on JMS's posting:
GIven that the Garibaldi story was the most
complicated visually and technically, also the most difficult from a
CGi perspective, that's the one that got pushed until, potentially,
next time.
when he told us about the plan going from three segments to two but that's not definite.

Jan

Well, since we have Galen appearing, which means the possibility of Shadow Tech, looking at the implications of the Shadowtech and it's origins, would likely give us a view of the past

:DI don't know about you but I'm ready!!! I can't wait to see this! I know they said "Spring" but do we have a date?

The weekend of July 27 at San Diego Comic Con. JMS posted that and mentioned it again while at New York Comic Con.

Jan

:DI don't know about you but I'm ready!!! I can't wait to see this! I know they said "Spring" but do we have a date?

Actually, they originally announced "Quarter 2 of 2007". Since it has been moved to 27/07, it has only moved slightly from that original plan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back