• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Greatest lightsaber duels part II

Would you download OS X?

• Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul (TPM)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Gin vs. Darth Maul (TPM)

• Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (AotC)

• Yoda vs. Count Dooku (AotC)

• Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (RotS)

• Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Greivous (RotS)

• Mace Windu vs. Chancellor Palpatine (RotS)

• Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (RotS)

• Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader (RotS)

• Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader (ANH)

• Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (TESB)

• Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (RotJ)

• Total voters

Sinclair

I remember creating a poll a few years ago about the best lightsaber duels. Now that Revenge of the Sith is out I figured I'd create a new one and add more choices to it. Here goes!

Well, I'm not an expert on choreography and fancy tricks, so I went for the emotional weight of each one -- and nothing surpasses Luke's confrontation with Vader in Empire for emotional impact.

For enjoyability and spectacle, the TPM fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Gin and Darth Maul is the best. Emotionally, probably the final duel in ROTJ.

As much as I enjoyed the light saber mania of the prequels, the duels in the OT are much more powerful because they were made in the days when the camera could be pointed at some action and just record it and show it to us, not confuse us with so much editing. And there's an elegance in just having two people duel without double-sided saber gymnastics and quadruple-saber weilding robots.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back