• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 DVD Article

GKarsEye

Regular
This review is spot on. She makes sure to point out that the movies themselves are great, and accurately talks about the DVD itself. Given the confusion over the whole B5 movie thing (like how one is a pilot, and the other is prequel that should be watched after the series), as well as the awful situation with the home video releases (the VHS out or order and incomplete, and the DVDs being very tentative), I was surprised to see someone get it right.

Most importantly, she enourages people to buy it despite it's failings. This was exactly my attitude: I almost didn't buy it, but then the fact that it was B5 made me do it. I wouldn't have done this with any other show or movie.

The only minor error on her part was the misuse of the term "pan and scan," which suggests that the movie is not presented in its proper aspect ratio when in fact, it is.

It's nice to see some pro-B5 support out there.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I just came across this Babylon 5 DVD article.

Babylon 5 on DVD (The Gathering/In the Beginning), A Review

At the bottom, it lists a place to leave feedback.

WB Feedback Page

Please read the article and leave some polite, constructive feedback if you haven't already done so.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Just check the sell ranking at Amazon.com. The B5 DVD has fallen to 130. Saturday it was like 70. Hope it keeps selling well so we do get the rest of the seasons.

------------------

Those Amazon.com rankings are relative. It's not an all-time sales figure. The B5 DVD was at #11 at one point do to preorders. Now there are other DVDs out there that people want. In general, the farther you get from a release date, the lower the ranking is going to be.

The entire top 7 are all big new releases from the last couple of weeks. The B5 DVD was released at the beginning of December. Most of the people who were going to buy it already have done so.

------------------

[This message has been edited by nolesrule (edited January 22, 2002).]

although an amazon sales ranking of 130, nearly two months *after* release is not to be sniffed at...

especially with the presumed mad rush for all sorts of DVDs that takes place at Xmas, those kinds of rankings suggest some healthy sales!

thus the rumour reported to Antony about a season release...

ooh the excitement of it all!

- and its nice to see reviews, both here and over at ign, that agree with my original review, bemoaning the utter lack of extras!

...the amount of flack i took for complaining about no extras
wink.gif

cheers!

------------------

[This message has been edited by sputnik (edited January 23, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back