• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Donnie Darko

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Has anyone seen this film? I'm left with a distinct feeling of... wow. :D

I do like films or TV episodes that stay with you, and make you think. And this film has done that. A day later I'm still pondering it, trying to work out what it meant etc.

I imagine it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. But I really liked it, and would recommend it to anyone who likes a creepy film, or has an interest in just plots they need to think about or an interest matters relating to time, wormholes etc.

I watched it a few months ago on DVD. It is an interesting movie. It was creepy at times and funny at others. The DVD had some information on a short book that the movie was based on...can't think of the name of it right now but at the time I was compelled to search for it on the internet. The book was very short and was a theory on space-time and wormholes.

-Haze

I bought the DVD awhile back because a friend of mine had been talking about it a lot, and the $9 pricetag was quite appealing. I still haven't WATCHED it, but I plan on doing so this weekend. Maybe. :D

I first watched Donnie Darko on video about a year ago, and I think I've seen it about four times now. So yes, I agree that it's a great movie.

I'm still trying to figure out what it all means. The movie definitely seems to be trying to make some statement about religion and the afterlife. Donnie being uncertain about the existence of God and his fear of dying because he's not sure if there's an afterlife is something that comes up several times in the movie. (And are Jim Cunningham and his followers supposed to represent Evangelicals?) But I can't figure out what exactly the movie is trying to say. There's evidence to support any number of interpretations.

I haven`t seen the movie yet, but I`m definitely planning to (when I`m done this semester at University). I`ve heard great things about it from my brother.

Donnie Darko - brilliant movie.

My take is at the core, it is a movie that poses questions, not answers. The main question being whether we are driven by free will or is everything fated to happen.

SPOILER!!!!!

Was the world really going to end, as predicted by the giant rabbit if Donnie didn't die when tha engine fell out of the sky, or was it the dead kid's world? Or Donnie's world?
:confused:

I saw Donnie Darko on cable about a year ago. I liked it. It is full of questions, and few answers. With its ambiguity about life, death, time, it kind of reminds me of Jacob's Ladder, which I like even more.

I tried renting Donnie Darko from my local rental store and it doesn't have it. :mad: This means I have to get it from another town, which is not very practical for me, since I don't have a car. :( I think I may just buy the movie, since all the reviews I've heard about it were very good (it better be... :D).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back