• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

End of ST:TNG

I think Oatley and I are on the same page. All that lovey-dovey crap really tainted some good episodes. Trek writers always seem to want to pair people off.

They could have done so much more with the Ferengi, too - but when they were in the spotlight, things just got dumb. (A friend of mine has likened them to Mel Brooks' "Jews in Space") And Moogie - please. I know they had a penchant for sermonizing, but they could at least do it with characters you care about. They seemed a lot more interesting when they were introduced in TNG as "Yankee Traders" and portrayed as guiless manipulators. In DS9 they were mostly latinum-obsessed bunglers.

But they weren't the worst part of the show. The Vulcan baseball game episode was absolute torture.

Does he get to wear the wrap-around shades, shave his head, and speak with some slightly unusual emphasis patterns ("Hey, SpenCER!")?

:cool:

Two people got it. Cool!

And he was already shaving his head. By the end of the series, he looked more like Hawk than he did when he started.

Avery Brooks will always be Hawk to me.

Funny how he had the coolest look for Hawk in Spenser for Hire:
postcard15.jpg

Then took on this clean-cut, nice-guy look for Sisko, which I never was a big fan of:
sisko.gif

And then he totally redeemed the role by looking like a badass again :)
sisko01.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back