• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best theme tunes

I have loved Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music for years. My two favorite moments are A Weekend in the Country, which is an amazing combination of voices. My second favorite is Laisons. The wistful rememberances of the romantic laisons of youth.

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack of "The Wind and the Lion," which is about as sweeping, heroic, and uplifting as any I've ever heard.

In terms of scores and themes, however, Joss Whedon's shows (and musicals) have to take the cake.

...Joss Whedon's ... (and musicals)....

Speaking of which, I finally got around to (buying the DVD and) watching Dr. Horrible this past week. Oh, how I love it. And I love that there's a second musical on the DVD, well, a commentary in musical form. I'm not sure which song of Commentary! The Musical is my favorite; it's either Zack Whedon's rap, Maurissa's song about being an Asian actor, or the song about playing "Ninja Ropes" on their iPhones.

As for Dr. Horrible itself, my favorite song is probably either "My Eyes", "Brand New Day", or "Slipping". And there's so many little fun things in it, like Sarah Michelle Gellar being hidden amongst the crowd at the end and Jed Whedon totally looking like a woman (to me, at least) as his character in the Evil League of Evil. (And I cannot think of the name Evil League of Evil without thinking of the new cartoon on Cartoon Network (some stories from which can be found on YouTube) called the League of Super Evil, which is about a bunch of usually ineffectual supervillains.)

Favorite original movie soundtrack is the one Wendy (nee Walter) Carlos did for A Clockwork Orange.

Favorite TV theme, I/m gonna show my age... Perry Mason, and The Addams Family.

Ah, so many themes! So many. Just a few!

Ravenous ~ Probably one of the most memorable movie themes for me, personally. At least among films that aren't super-popular and/or well known.

The Equalizer ~ Yay! One of my favorite TV shows AND favorite TV show themes.

Miami Vice ~ Same here.

Homicide: Life on the Street ~ More television goodness, and probably my favorite cop show of all time.

Batman: The Animated Series ~ And again, except this time within the realm of animated shows.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex ~ And now one of my favorite anime themes/openings.

Cowboy Bebop ~ And then my absolute favorite anime opening/theme!

Suikoden II ~ And for the heck of it, one of my favorite video game themes/openings.

Favorite original movie soundtrack is the one Wendy (nee Walter) Carlos did for A Clockwork Orange.

Favorite TV theme, I/m gonna show my age... Perry Mason, and The Addams Family.

Good calls on the TV themes.:thumbsup: I'd 'umbly suggest "Bonanza", My favorite, "Green Hornet", "Beverly Hillbillies' and ... "Gilligans Island":devil: Even tweens know the lyrics.:LOL:

As far as Theme tunes go, "Amadeus" ( basically, Mozarts Requiem:bolian:) and "The Sound of Music" are close runner's up to "Fame". My favoritie soundtrack(s) are #1; "Electric Dreams":devil: a definite guilty pleasure and "Urgh: A Music War'. No plot but fascinating music. "Rocky Horror" also ranks up there.:wtf::devil::LOL:
'

Good calls on the TV themes.:thumbsup: I'd 'umbly suggest "Bonanza", My favorite, "Green Hornet", "Beverly Hillbillies' and ... "Gilligans Island":devil: Even tweens know the lyrics.:LOL:
'

All of those were catchy tunes, alright. I'd add Green Acres to the list. But, the only one of those I really liked was Green Hornet.

Oh, yeah, did you know that the lyrics and tunes of Amazing Grace, and Gilligan's Isle are interchangeable? You can put the lyrics of either to the tune of the other... :D

Last edited:
So Jed, I think it was, who said in the regular DVD commentary that it was SMG sitting beside the Groupie Chorus was lying or pulling people's legs or whatever?

Dang. That's what I get for listening to Commentary! instead of the commentary. I could have sworn it was debunked...

It seems otherwise strange to wear a black wig and shades other than to try to hide one's real identity, but the more I watch it, the more wicked conspicuous she looks with those shades. I just don't see a regular miscellaneous background extra opting for such adornment.

smgcameoindrhorrible.jpg

Well, that was the original argument, but I thought I'd had it from Joss's lips that Gellar wasn't involved. We're derailing the thread, however...

Back