• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Enterprise season four finale (spoiler, for now)

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Apparantly Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes are going to be in the season finale. Wow.

I doubt this will remain secret for much longer... i.e. even those wanting to avoid the spoiler will find out!

Re: Enterprise season four finale (spoiler, for no

I'd call this a "quarter spoiler."

Even knowing these 2 will be in the finale, you don't know how or why, or if they are even playing Riker/Troy in a time warp or some shit. Prolly just a guest appearance just like Brent Spiner.

Either way knowing things like that doesn't really spoil anything and UPN I am sure will market the hell out of them appearing on the show anyway. :)

Interesting I guess...

We still don't know if there's gonna be another season, eh?

I liked the last episode. Some funky aliens can take over their bodies, and they were doing it to observe how humans handle some of the crew getting some virus. It was structured real nice and fun to watch.

I didn't see it, but I think the last episode that aired was another Reeves-Stevens' episode, which would expain it being good.

Damn! I really wanted to catch Enterprise this season, but I keep forgetting it is on Friday at 7pm.

I really need to get TIVO.

Hyp, In my cable market, it's also repeated on Saturday. So, if you miss Friday, and remember on Saturday, you may want to check if it's on Saturday.

The last two episodes have been pretty much stand alones (I think the quiet before the storm?), so you haven't missed too much if you've only missed the new ones since reruns. I think this week begins another arc, dealing with Vulcans, Tellarites(?) and Andorians, so this one you probably wanna be sure to catch

I'm afraid I haven't caught more than one episode since the Brent Spiner mini-arc. So if Enterprise is cancelled, I guess I'm party to blame (well, I'n not a Nielson family, though, so maybe not :LOL:).

I do like what I've heard about it, however, in its 4th season.

Enterprise is repeated on Sunday evenings in my area. There has been almost no promotion of the show this season and we just stumbled across it. Wonder if it's the last season.

No word has been given yet. But, It's apparently on the bubble, as ratings apparently haven't improved (or at least not as much as desired).

More nonsense floating about.

UPN are paying such peanuts that they will be happy with the ratings it's getting on Fridays in the slot of death. It's of no consequence to them now.

They key, this time, is Paramount. They are deficit financing it a lot, probably to get to that 100 episode mark. The question is if they can pick up about $1m - $1.5m in ancillary sales to other countries, DVD sales and just the general worth for them to keep the franchise alive.

But eyes really shouldn't be on UPN for this one, they need to be on Paramount.

We still don't know if there's gonna be another season, eh?

I liked the last episode. Some funky aliens can take over their bodies, and they were doing it to observe how humans handle some of the crew getting some virus. It was structured real nice and fun to watch.

I noticed that those funky aliens were Organians. They were first shown in the original series episode "Errand of Mercy."

So once again, what we thought was a "first encounter" wasn't really?

I do admit, they repeat Enterprise here, too, I think it's on Saturday. A day when I guarantee my memory is not going to be any better than it was on Friday night.

I really am going to look into the cost of TIVO. I spend so much on cable internet, television, HBO what's another 20 bucks or so a month? :rolleyes:

I noticed that those funky aliens were Organians. They were first shown in the original series episode "Errand of Mercy."
I didnt catch that. I heard them state their names, but didn't catch what it was. If so thats pretty cool, and explains why they made comments about taking a couple hundred years to make contact with us...which is about the time Kirk and company would meet up with them. Also Archer kept the entire thing secret as if nothing happened, so Starfleet would have no record of encountering them.

Really? I wish I'd caught that episode now.

It does seem the new writers are trying much harder to come up with interesting stories. I'm glad to hear they are also tying it into the original series a lot better than they have in the past.

When does Enterprise's season end, does anyone know?

I liked the first ep, just shown, with the Andorians and the Tellarites. Try and catch that today, if your repeat is on Sunday, like most are. The second ep of that arc should be pretty good!

Hypatia, ask your cable company if they offer DVR cable boxes. Where I live, and have Comcast Cable, they offer an HDTV cable box/DVR combination, for $10 extra per month, and it will work just fine on a standard TV. I have one with two tuners, so, I can record one thing, while watching another, or, play back something I've recorded, while recording two things at once! I love it, but it needs more storage capacity, when used for HD. It has plenty for SDTV.

I too enjoyed this first episode of the arc with the Andorians and Tellarites.

They are DEFINITELY making this Season of Enterprise the way it always should have been. If Season 1 was really our Season 4, the series would have had a lot more promise...and more viewers.

I caught part of it today. It repeats on Saturdays here, I see. A certain much-used-sci-fi actor in blue with the swaying antenna, I noticed. :)

The stories are definitely getting better. And Archer seems to be getting more of a spine.

Side note just for old Mighty: I haven't seen the dog yet. Hope Porthos is still o.k. ;) :p

That actor is Jeffrey Combs. The reason you haven't seen Porthos is because Tellarites consider canines a delicacy, so Archer is keeping him out of sight... Or, did you know that? ;)

Yes, I do recognize the name, Jeffrey Combs. :) I enjoyed seeing him.

They eat dogs? How can they know about a species from Earth? You are yanking my chain, aren't you? ;) :p

*Hyp runs from the Narn Bat Squad, who suddenly materialized despite the fact that this is a Trek thread :eek:*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back