• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Point Pleasant

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone see this. Any opinions?

It sounded a bit interesting, and I like Dina Meyer. But I saw it was Fox, and thought I should wait at least a season to see if it survives.

Well looking at the ratings, I give it about 4 episodes at most! Another Fox failure.

But I'm still curious to if anyone saw it and what they thought.

We watched it, and I admit to being a bit predjudiced going in, since Fox finally used the "C" word for Tru Calling, and pointed at Point Pleasant as the reason for making the decision, since they figured Point Pleasant would go better with the OC, and is the same type of show as Tru Calling.

I thought it was hollow, and, it's only the same type of show as Tru Calling from a "Suit's" perspective. There's some kinda mystery about it, but it was very much, up in your face from the get-go, lots of gratuitous skin.

It reminds me of what the TNT suits might do, if they looked at where Tru Calling was, after a whole season of building an arc, and building characters, and they decided to take some of the supernatural elements, and blend it into the OC. Watched the first Pilot on Weds, and the second Pilot last night, just to give it a chance, since I knew I was predjudiced going in. Probably try it again next week, but, I imagine that will be the end of my trying it out.

The "Occult" part of the show is a beautiful, busty blonde, who is the daughter of someone/something evil, and apparently someone good as well.

I watched the first episode and found it dull. Maybe the "occult" element will be developed in later episodes, but it was so slim in the first episode I didn't bother to watch the second. Think of it as a soap opera where one (only one) of the main characters is supernatural. And she apparently is not aware of that yet either.

Combination teen sex and occult. At my age, I'd be happy with the occult.

On a side note: Have the producers of this show actually SEEN what New Jersey and its inhabitants look like? The only one who I could believe was from Jersey, and who had the best line of the show, was the gas station attendant.

JESSE: Do you smell gas?
ATTENDANT: Yeah, I smell it my friggin' dreams.

Hilarious!

I never knew Nathan Watkins was in Point Pleasant!!

Or he seems to go by the name Samuel Page now.

What a slice of hotness. Thank you David DeCoteau is all I can say for Nathan/Samuel usage.

I guess i'll watch it when it comes out on DVD, since TC's awesome finale i'm pretty pissed and I want to know what show those dipshits traded it for... but of course, you said it, better wait a season.

LimeWire is tempting me right now though :(

Fas, it seems New Zealand already is playing the 6 episodes for Season 2, and Australia is about to, so maybe you'll get them before we do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back