• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best Garibaldi moments...?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
(Oops, sounds like I'm treating him like he's a politician. Many apologizings. He'd never be nuts enough to go after that job

[/quote]

I hate to disappoint you Hypatia, but Jerry Doyle did in fact "go after that job" unsucessfully in 2000.
http://www.doyleforcongress.com/home.html

The site hasn't been updated in while so I'm guessing he won't make another attempt this fall.

A Ranger - oh, yes. It makes sense. It lets you, as an actor, better *be* the character. Unfortunately, that sort of thing only fits in series television, and the first readthrough of a play...

Mind War. You see Garibaldi giving Bester an extremely foul look from behind his back. Bester turns around, smiles, and says "Physicly Impossible Mr. Garibaldi..But you're welcome to try"
God I love that scene

Yes Raven, that is why I was laughing. He'd never be crazy enough to want to go into politics /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned, but here it goes:
-Garabaldi being drunken and singing "show me the way to go home..."
-Garabaldi going agains the Earth Aliance Post office trying to get his box. He talks about his pepperoni, tries to break in and steal it, the entire episode... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
-Garabaldi and Sinclair making Ivonova fall asleep, and they take her food and all that /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
-everything Garibaldi!

you know, Garibaldi appeared the most in the series. i can't remeber where i saw it....delenn was second...no clue after that.

you know, Garibaldi appeared the most in the series. i can't remeber where i saw it....delenn was second...no clue after that.

[/quote]
Do you know how that was counted? By number of episodes, scenes, or actual screen time (I don't know who would be crazy enough to time that!)

A_Ranger, some stars do keep track of screen time so they can compare. There was a bad sit-com years ago called Laverne and Shirley. It is rumored that the two main stars actually had their agents count their actual lines to see who had more lines. I don't know it that is true or not, though. IF so, it would be pretty sad.

Bad show? Laverne and Shirley was a classic.

The gloves? Ha ha. Oh, that was classic comedy wasn't it?

One of my favs is that line from "Knives" where Garibaldi tells Sheridan that when he was drunk one time he thought he saw purple wombats doing showtunes in his bathtub.

Oh, and that is how the legend of the wombats in my salad bars was born. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I love Bester's "Physically impossible" line that he says to Garibaldi, too. That was the one I was going to put here. Oh, well. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Tammy

The one that I just saw recently was the one where he told Bester that he could hang him from the ceiling, get a bat, and play pinata. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Do you know how that was counted? By number of episodes, scenes, or actual screen time (I don't know who would be crazy enough to time that!)

[/quote]

I think it was done by episode. umm...i seem to recall the # 81....so don't think it was be by scence. if i could find it again i'd share it with you all.

There is a good and very thorough statistics page here.

And yeah, Garibaldi seems to have appeared in the greatest number of episodes (105 appearances together with three of the movies), way ahead of Delenn (90 altogether) and the rest. Interesting. Makes sense, though, I suppose.

Not to mention that him and Delenn are the only two characters to be seen right the way through - from the Pilot to SIL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Just watched "Grey 17 is Missing" a few minutes ago, and i watched the best part of the episode, which just happens to be a Garabaldi quote:

"Okay. Well, first, there was this missing maintenance man. Only he wasn't missing, he was killed by a Zarg. But I'm getting ahead of myself. That was after I found out that the entire 17th floor grey sector had completely disappeared. Well, not disappeared exactly, this weird cult had taken over the place, see, and there was this dummy that shot tranqs out of his eyes. Very strange, but it was also supposed to be perfect. Now that was the thing about it, but there wasn't a way out, but there was, except it was spiritual. You had to die a perfect death, that's where the Zarg came in and either it was going to kill me or I was to kill it and.. Am I going too fast for you?"

[/quote]

Season 5. Facing mortal enemy. Raises gun. Squeezes trigger... mental block! Derision, mocking, frustration, anger, self-pity. Conflict between Bester and Garibaldi reaches ultimate climax. Classic moment.

I probably need a whole day to write down all the good phrases said by Garibaldi.Most of them are really amusing but he has several strong dramatic scenes:

-When he opposed his colleagues joining the Nightwatch

-When he entered G'Kar's quarters and gave him back the Book of G'Quan
because the Narn cruiser didn't join the fleet

-When he resigned while Sheridan kept Morden in the brig without charges

And many many more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back