• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Odyssey 5 is coming to DVD!

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
*squeals*

I'm happy as a pig in muck! Take a look:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4614

Odyssey 5 is coming to DVD in Spring 2006 apparently.

I've been recording them off the Sci-Fi Channel (in 4:3, yuck) and am encoding them as AVIs. Quiet a hassle, and I don't have to worry anymore.

It really was criminal this show was axed. It's one of the best things I've seen in a long time, and made me an instant fan of Manny Coto (who would of course go on to Enterprise).

I just got the notice from TV Shows on DVD too. :D

That's excellent news, really. Especially as I stopped watching the not-that-good downloaded episodes after the first four or five, as I really liked the show and decided to wait until I can see it in better quality .. it's been a long wait, but at least it's paying off at last. :D

After Showtime cancelled the series and before it went to SCIFI channel, it moved to HDNet. HDNet has shown all the episodes including episodes 15 through 20 in high definition. It still showing them in order on early Sunday mornings. I thank DirecTV for their HD TiVo service.

At long last! I remember when local tv channel was airing this series, it was absolutely brilliant, the plot, the characters and foremost the setting! Sadly I missed about half of the episodes they aired, but it seems that now we will have a glorious DVD release, I hope there will be at least few commentaries, now *that* would be interesting.

Excellent! I loved this show and was also converted to an instant fan of Manny Coto (last I heard he was going to be producer for 24).

Am I right that there was no "proper" ending? Sky One shoved them to some ungodly hour of the night so I missed the last 2 or 3. If there was a proper ending, then don't spoil it for me as I will find out when I get the DVDs. :)

Cool, I wanted to watch this first time around but missed it. Looking forward to it- I've always thought that Peter Weller was a good actor, ever since Robocop :)

Excellent! I loved this show and was also converted to an instant fan of Manny Coto (last I heard he was going to be producer for 24).

Am I right that there was no "proper" ending? Sky One shoved them to some ungodly hour of the night so I missed the last 2 or 3. If there was a proper ending, then don't spoil it for me as I will find out when I get the DVDs. :)

Yeah, it didn't have ending of any sort. Just like Crusade - one day it just wasn't there. But all in all, O5 was something different and entertaining.

But did it need one? I never saw it, so was wondering if it was obviously arc'ed and ended in the middle of something or with loose threads?

But did it need one? I never saw it, so was wondering if it was obviously arc'ed and ended in the middle of something or with loose threads?

Yes and no. The story wasn't completed, but to me it didn't feel as bad as with crusade. People are going to disagree with me on this one, but to me a lot of times the stories were kind of stupid, but the show had such great characters it was a lot of fun anyway. Overall I still think its a very good show, but the unfinished aspect doesn't bother me as much as it does with Crusade, because I wasn't watching it to find out the answers to the unanswered questions.

*Awaits heated disagreements* :)

The last episode i seem to remember was cliffhangeromatic.

Showtime ended it in a less painful spot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back