• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

We're back!

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
We\'re back!

Sorry about the downtime. Our server shut itself down when the CPU fan failed yesterday.

Someone was going to look into today, but as I didn't know the extent of the problem I switched the domain over to a new server. I've been planning to move B5TV here, this just pushed it along! It was mostly so that I could ensure my email could continue.

The old server is actually back up and running, and that allowed me to get the data and get back up and running. I imported it here, and I took the opportunity to upgrade the board to the newly-released 6.5.2 (which has better post tracking).

So, we are on the new server, and upgraded... that should be the end to most problems hopefully!

This server is a big server, and hosts TrekToday, TrekBBS, CSI Files and others. I look after it. :) It probably won't be quite as nippy as you're used to, because the old server was really under-used. But this new server, as long as I look after it, isn't too shabby!

Re: We\'re back!

Glad everything's OK. I was worried there for a day or two. I don't visit many message boards, so this is one of my few links with cult cyberspace.

Just wanted to say sorry for the old machine going down on us like that. First time we've had trouble with the old crate, it's been happy since September 2002 when we first installed it, but luck has to run out sometime :(

Ant's "isn't too shabby" means "kick ass" if I remember the spec of the machine he has moved to! :)

... /me kisses Elenopa's feet.

Just wanted to say sorry for the old machine going down on us like that

And Chilli, you never have to apologize for going down on me. Ever.

Ant's "isn't too shabby" means "kick ass" if I remember the spec of the machine he has moved to! :)

Tis true... but it has a messageboard with about 700 active users at times. So it's all relative. :D

Back