• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Peter Jurasik on One Tree Hill

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone see Peter Jurasik on One Tree Hill? It's the episode that aired in the States on Feb 1st, "Between Order and Randomness."

He played the owner of a crab restaurant. :) He was quite amusing.

No, but I happened to catch him in an old Perry Mason TV movie that was one USA or CourtTV or one of thoise stations this afternoon. I watched it for about five minutes while he was on the stand. Reallly a fine actor and very different in different roles. (He was also very good as a murder suspect in NYPD Blue and - of course - terrific in the recurring role of "Sid the Snitch" on Hill Street Blues. I've always thought Wayne Knight picked up some of his quirks as Newman in Seinfeld from Jurasik's Sid.)

Regards,

Joe

Darn, too bad I didn't see any of that.

The only role I can think of outside of B5 I can remember easlity is on the TV movie called the Late Show (I think?). It was about the late night TV network battles after Carson's retirement between Letterman, Leno, and all parties involved. Jurassic I thnk played a network exec. The juiciest role was Kathy Bates as Leno's agent. She was the bridge burning power/money hungry agent behind Leno's success whom he dropped after getting Carson's spot.

The Late Shift - very good movie despite the flourecent red hair they gave the guy playing Letterman, and their attempt to have the guys playing the leads impersonate the hosts instead of each playing the character without trying to duplicate the appearance and voice. The book was, as usual, better. Leno's former agent (who was also made producer of The Tonight Show and who drove everyone nuts) comes off even worse in print, if you can believe it.

Peter played Howard Stringer, the CBS exec who successfully wooed Letterman. There's an odd "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" vibe to this whole thread, considering the other shows mentioned. Coincidences re: The Late Shift -

The TV movie was directed by Betty Thomas, who is also an actress and who played Sgt. Lucy Bates on Hill Street Blues for years - where she worked with Peter Jurasik and Dennis Franz, both of whom worked on NYPD Blue (mentioned above.) Thomas may have picked Jurasik for the part based on their earlier working experience.

Other B5 Alumni to have passed through Blue include Andrea Thompson (recurring character for one season, then a regular for a couple more), Jerry Doyle, Claudia Christian (in a rare two-parter) and Richard Biggs.

Bob Balaban played NBC exec Warren Littlefiled in TLS. He also played a fictional NBC exec, based on Littlefield, as a recurring character on Seinfeld, where Wayne Knight also had a recurring role that reminded me of Peter Jurasik's Sid the Snitch.

Regards,

Joe

There's an odd "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" vibe to this whole thread, considering the other shows mentioned. Coincidences re: The Late Shift -

The TV movie was directed by Betty Thomas, who is also an actress and who played Sgt. Lucy Bates on Hill Street Blues for years - where she worked with Peter Jurasik and Dennis Franz, both of whom worked on NYPD Blue (mentioned above.) Thomas may have picked Jurasik for the part based on their earlier working experience.

Betty Thomas also directed The Brady Bunch Movie, and I Spy, both featuring our very own Captain Gideon, Gary Cole. Yet more links back to the B5 universe :)

and their attempt to have the guys playing the leads impersonate the hosts instead of each playing the character without trying to duplicate the appearance and voice.

I thought Letterman came off pretty decent, and I think that's not just because of the actor but because Letterman's TV persona isn't different from his behind-the-scenes personality (ie, when you watch Letterman's show, you can tell when he's been in a bad mood).

Leno came out pretty false.

But then I've always been a bigger fan of Letterman, so there you go.

NYPD Blue- how long has that show been on, like forever? In all that time it's not surprising so many guest actors we know appeared.

I am planning to give this show a shot assuming it's on DVD, but right now I'm on Law & Order, season 1. Given how many episodes of Law & Order there are to get to, I should get to another show in about 6-7 years. :)

I actually caught a piece of the Claudia Christian NYPD Blue out of the corner of my eye this weekend, I did a double take, wondering what the heck she was on, that was playing on Court TV.

Blue just wrapped its 11th and final season. Only the first two are available on DVD so far.

The original Law and Order is on season 12, if memory serves, and then there's Special Victims, Criminal Intent and the brand new Trial by Jury.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back