• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Enterprise axed

I'm sorry, but most of us don't give a crap about fan fiction and home-made merchandise. We want to see professional writers who love and respect Trek make good stories.

HEHE, to me that post said to find a way to drool over and "need" more Trek, so you'll be ready to jump back on the bandwagon when we eventually trot it back out again.

I'm sorry, but most of us don't give a crap about fan fiction and home-made merchandise. We want to see professional writers who love and respect Trek make good stories.
I used to think the same way...until about the time the professional writers started throwing out stuff that wasn't worth watching (Voyager era), and I noticed some "fan" writers did much better jobs. Heck remember Ron Moore came from the fan fiction arena at one point. You have to start somewhere...

That being said, I was never really paid any attention to fan fiction because I didnt believe any of it to be cannon or relavant...just fantasy on the part of fans wanting to create what they dont have. There is plenty of bad stuff out there though that gives it a bad name.

However, there is a good one that I came across a few months ago. I read the first 5-6 episodes and thought it was neat, I just didnt have the time to get into it, but maybe now that Trek is over I will. Its a huge colaberation of fan fiction to create an entire new series. They are already in the "fourth season" by now as this has been going on for some time. It takes place some 50 years AFTER the next generation, and Im told there is a focus on story arcs and such. 100% fan driven though, and there is even some pics/supporting art to go with it (kinda cheesy, but a nice effort).

The site is here:

Star Trek: Renaissance

The only hard part to get used to, is you are actually reading SCRIPTS not books or paragraphs.

So I guess Im saying there is some good fan fiction out there, and in the absense of a Trek series, some of it might be worth a look. I will try to find the time to read at least the first season from that website and see what I think...

:cool:
Just looking at their ship design page, I can see that they know their stuff. I agree, Trek fan writers and some of the novelists have done a better job of fullfill fan's wishes than the TV writers of late. let it sit on the burner for a while.

Last ep of Enterprise was excellent. Concluding the three-parter that deals with their first encounter with Romulan aggression on a big scale and their attempt to destabilise the galaxy to prepare it for conquest. Involved a blind telepathic race related to Andorians. Really nicely done.

Also was probably Jeffrey Comb's last appearance on Star Trek as he said that since he lost his ship he won't be seeing him.

Tripp will be leaving Enterprise due to his feelings for T'Pol. This melodrama was the weakest part of the episode.

The promos are already calling them the "final episodes."

I thought it was a cool episode. Having the Romulans inadvertently help the formation of the Federation... what a cool use of continuity.

I agree. The last thing I wanted to see was Enterprise go galavanting off to Romulan space to rescue that guy. It ended the best way possible. I only hope the last episode shows some more of that scene we saw with Daniels, at the very formation of the Federation.

Let's all be honest here. We all know what the cancellation of Enterprise really means.

enrico_colantoni5.jpg

No more Historical Documents. :(

I suppose it was obvious that a save Star Trek campaign (BBC news story) would be initiated, but I am surprised by this:

Fan website Trek United is hoping to raise $32m (£17m) from donations by the end of March to pay for a fifth series. More than $23,000 (£12,000) has been pledged so far, according to the site.

What are they going to do with the money when they don't raise enough?

I've always wondered that with fan campaigns. The rather pointless attempt to continue the old school BattleStar springs to mind. I would hope it would at least go to a charity...but suspect not.

That is a lot of cash. Someone is not being realistic there...

They had Jolene Blalock on Coast to Coast AM radio (Feb 22nd.) She was saying how much her and the other stars were touched and moved by the fan's willingness to cry out in despair at the cancellation of the show. She also said that she and the other actors would love to find a new network home and would continue to do the show if another channel picked 'em up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back