• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica 1.13 (no spoilers)

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
I won't discuss any particular plot points, but I will say: Holy Fucking Shit. With a cherry on.

I demand a season two. I demand it RIGHT NOW. NOW, hear me Bonnie Hammer? I don't care if your husband can't spell Galctica, renew it now!

Antony, see Jendia's post from Ep 1 and 2 thread

Saw this on IGN:

More Scripts Ordered; Series 2 Looks Good:

As reported at IGNFF and elsewhere weeks ago, six scripts for a second series of Galactica have been ordered. Additionally, reports have surfaced that the sets have not been struck and a date of February 18th has been given as a possible date for production to resume. The first season has already been announced for release on DVD on December 28th, 2005, which could move if it were to tie in to the premiere of a second series. Stay tuned.

Jendia

Yeah, I have noticed that about. Script orders mean very little. The sets not being struck also means nothing really, as I think it's been widely know they'd wait until early Feb to decide.

However, with the ratings that it's been getting, I really can't see why they wouldn't renew it. I think that's where the strength lies.

I won't discuss any particular plot points, but I will say: Holy Fucking Shit. With a cherry on.

That just about sums it up perfectly :eek: :D When it ended I had to pick up the phone and scream at a friend who I knew was watching. She was still in shock, sitting there with her jaw on her knees :LOL:

I demand a season two. I demand it RIGHT NOW. NOW, hear me Bonnie Hammer? I don't care if your husband can't spell Galctica, renew it now!

Absolutely! And everyone reading this should consider it their DUTY to watch every episode and encourage everyone you know to do the same! :D

This is the best Sci Fi TV I've seen for years. Frankly, it knocks Season 1 of B5 out of the ball park. My only concern is whether they can maintain the quality.

But whatever happens they can't leave it there! I have to know what's going to happen next! :confused: :confused:

Antony,

I saw someone else on the other side of the pond raving about the finale of the first season (is the 13th episode the final of season 1?). Seeing you agreeing with that is really reassuring. I can't wait. Too bad we are only on 1.4 over here. :(

So BSG was only commissioned for 13 initial episodes? Heck, thats like the entire run of Crusade :p

However, with the ratings that it's been getting, I really can't see why they wouldn't renew it. I think that's where the strength lies.

Speaking of those ratings, I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but it looks like the second week of BSG scored a 2.3 rating, down only slightly from the 2.6 it got a week earlier with the premiere:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=pr&id=20050124scifi01

That puts it ahead of both SG1 (a 2.0 rating) and Atlantis (a 2.1 rating). It also beat Enterprise once again. SFC gave BSG a lot of promotion, so I think the good ratings for the first week were not to be unexpected. But until now, it was an open question how many of those viewers would stick around in subsequent weeks. So far it looks like most of them have.

Let's hope they keep up the marketing. It would be great to pull more folks into the fold!

Jendia

Yeah, 13 eps. Hopefully a second season will be a full one.

I also hope viewers stick around. I remember being a bit unsure of it in the early episodes, I can't remember which numbers. There was a few weeks when a friend and I were almost undecided on what we thought. But then we weren't left on the fence for long. :)

I shouted at the TV.
I even knew the ending vaugley, as I had seen spoiler shots, but it still shocked me. So cool...

It gets a bit dull mid-season, but the arc-plot elements should keep people hooked..

All around awesomeness.

Ack! I couldn't help it. I read the ending over at Aint it Cool News.

Sounds like the show will heat up. I'll watch it some more.

I just got done watching it. I'd been watching the U.S. airings, but on Saturday night I decided that I couldn't wait anymore. Downloaded the rest of the season, and watched eps 5 and 6 on Sunday; 7, 8, 9, and 10 last night, and 11, 12, and 13 just now. That was pretty incredible. I think I just O.D.'ed on Galactica, and now I have to wait God knows how long for a second season. :(

Finished the season with my sister early this morning - woooooaaaa!!! How dare them not have more episodes done already? :mad: bastards :mad:

My prejudice against the show definitely didn't survive watching it :D .. I wasn't too interested when I first heard of it. Battlestar Galactica had always sound a bit too .. Space Disco to me - I've never seen any of it. And remakes don't usually tend to be the best things ever .. but WOW :D .. this fucking rocks :D

Will have to continue raving in a different thread than this one in the interest of not spoiling it - damn :D

Glad to see we have another convert :D

Make that two. :D

This was absolutly fucking brilliant. I kept trying to guess what might happen in the end, but I was taken comlptetely by surprise.

Thank God there'll be a second season ... even if we do have to wait ... damn.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back