• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Captain Archer meets Commander Chakotay

Jade Jaguar

Regular
Running through the premium cable channels last night, I chanced across a film called Luminarias, a latina chick flick. It stars Robert Beltran, and Scott Bakula. R.B. plays the exhusband of S.B.'s new love interest. It was on HBO. I didn't watch much, but I thought it interesting to see them together. If I get a chance to see the whole thing sometime, I'll report back on it.

a latina chick flick

I watch those, too, but I don't think I can discuss them in this forum. :eek:

The only place I saw Chakotay outside of Voyager was in a small role as one of the guys that broke into the Watergate in Oliver Stone's Nixon.

The only place I saw Chakotay outside of Voyager was in a small role as one of the guys that broke into the Watergate in Oliver Stone's Nixon.

No, no, no .... for one thing, he played Raoul in Eating Raoul! I would think that you would like that flick. :cool:

Yes, Eating Raoul IS a classic, and I think GKE would like it. It stars Mary Woronov, and Paul Bartel, who directed. But, Beltran makes the film, he is great. Also, young and skinny, not that that matters to me, but he looks rather different from Chakotay. I think that he's actually a fine actor, and up to much more demanding roles than Vger offered.

Oh, yeah, I remember that one. It was the one where he played opposite the girlfriend (Maggie) from the The Last Starfighter.

Kinda a dopey movie. A comet passes close to Earth and everyone on the planet dies from some kind of radiation, unless they were shielded in a metal room. The lead girl survives because she was in an old movie house projection room. One character survives because they were in one of those flimsy aluminum backyard sheds (was that Beltran or the girl's little brother?) So, apparently 1/16 of an inch of aluminum is enough shielding, but being on the oposite side of the planet is not.

Back