• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Will you watch Rangers series? Post to show support.

StarStuff

Regular
Will you watch The Rangers
when it becomes a series?

YES!! we will and we'll record it for family members who can't get the Sci Fi Channel.

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

[This message has been edited by StarStuff (edited January 28, 2002).]

Considering current announcements and topics on some other threads, the best way to support the show now, isn't necessairly posting here, where the fans already are, but rather to post at www.scifi.com or writing letters to the network in support of the show. See a few threads by Joe D for more info, but I think that is the level things need to be taken to at this point.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with a few positive, hopefuly comments from B5LR fans, so by all means, post away here too
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I think so.

IF it becomes a series!

------------------

Heck yeah I would if they put it on when I'm actually home to watch it. I work usually until 11pm EST, so anything in prime time is pretty much not good for me.
frown.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

I started this thread before I read about the actual ratings.

I have written letters to both Sci Fi and most of the sponsors (the ones I could honestly say I have bought their product or am considering buying it/them.) But now I will go back and write to the other sponsors and thank them for sponsoring Rangers.

I also E-mailed Sci Fi and hand wrote a letter to "Bonnie."

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

let me think a minute...ok long enough, of course you goof

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

YES! I would tape and watch the Rangers show (just like I taped and watched B5 & Crusade)

I hope it becomes a series!

To have Farscape AND a new B5 series on the same channel..WOW!

Hopefully they will put in on the same night too. Farscape, B5: LOTR, and Stargate on the same night!
smile.gif

DF2506
" Ah, I can dream! "

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
You've posted: now, write a handwritten letter to the Sci-Fi Channel.

Do it. It will help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is handwriting such a big deal? If so I'll have to compose it on the word processor and then write it. As an engineer, I've got to tell you that I haven't written anything but my signature (on checks and the like) for years.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

How about something typed on an actual typewriter. I have an old Royal, somewhere.
smile.gif

And on to the thread question:
Is the Pope catholic?
Do bears shit in the woods?

YES!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 28, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Is handwriting such a big deal? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not. A typed, professional letter should work just fine. Just don't photocopy a form letter and stuff it an envelope.
smile.gif

It was precisely to facilitate doing mail-merges on computer (which is what I did) that I created the downloadable data files available here. They contain the sponsor names and addresses.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Will you watch The Rangers
when it becomes a series? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course! How can anyone pre-judge any series until they've watched it! No one can possibly claim to know what's in the scripts, except JMS and any writers he (or WB) contract to write them!

For folks to say they won't watch a possible series just on the basis they they disliked the Rangers pilot is more than stupid. Are they psychic and actually knowthe storyline in advance?

I've written my letters (albeit on Word and then printed them out, I have lupus and handwriting can be a problem with the lupus- induced arthritis), my husband is at the Post Office right now mailing them out as we didn't have enough stamps.

I'll sit and wait patiently for JMS' "tv gods" to decide on the future of the Anla'Shok. And I just might add a few prayers of my own in there as well!

newbannervsmall.jpg

------------------
Cari www.coribright.com

[This message has been edited by CoriBright (edited January 28, 2002).]

Absolutely!!!

The only caveat being that if the makers of the Ranger's series pull an 'Earth Final Conflict' and turn a good series into trash!

From what I've seen of the pilot and the works thus far from JMS's imagination, I very much doubt that would happen to a Rangers seris. So, in a word:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Eirik

------------------
It never ends; it only changes!

Yes, of course, I would watch a Rangers series every week! While the show could use some changes from the pilot, I generally liked the pilot. Now, if Sci Fi will only hear our pleas.

------------------

hell yeah i'd watch a rangers series. i missed out on crusade, i've yet to see a full episode of it. i'm on my way to post about it on scifi and maybe even write a letter.
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Sure, like you can tell that after 1 or 2 episodes... you obviously A) never watched B5 season 1 in its first run, and B) became a fan after the season 1 eps already aired...
Eye is right.. I'm ignoring you too.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be my guest, but you're dead wrong if you think that people don't make up their minds in a show or two. Real people don't owe any alligence to anybody, even though people here may feel that they owe something to JMS. My best friend is a hard-core Trekkie, but he doesn't watch Enterprise... saw the first two episodes and stopped watching because he decided it sucked. As for me, I saw the pilot for b5 -- wasn't impressed-- then I saw the first two episodes and decided it sucked. One night by accident, I caught "Mind War" and liked it. After that, it was a good stretch of episodes from "And the sky is full of stars" to "Signs and Portents" and then I was hooked.

If I don't like what I'm seeing I won't watch, irregardles of who's writing it.

BTW: I would probably ignore someone too if he proved me wrong at every turn.

[This message has been edited by PsionTen (edited January 29, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
BTW: I would probably ignore someone too if he proved me wrong at every turn.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would?

That wouldn't be my reaction.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

*IF*it becomes a series I will watch each and every episode.I've posted two messages at scifi now to write a letter and prays they will our pleas.

------------------

Whoah! Is that a stupid question! Obviously I'll watch it, and I haven't even seen the movie yet (I'm a Canuck).
laugh.gif

------------------
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done.
It is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back