• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legitemate Charity Merchandising?

A_M_Swallow

Regular
Is getting actors to sign photographs a legitimate way of raising money for charity? Or is it just a method of merchandising that exports both the talent and the fans?

For instance, I have paid $125 dollars over at www.thegalacticgateway.com ] The Galactic Gateway [/url] for a group photograph. Tim Choate, Jeffrey Willerth, Ed Wasser, Carrie Dobro, Vaughn Armstrong, Beata Pozniak, David A. Brooks, Robin Atkin Downes, Patricia Tallman and Steve Austin appear. They are donating the money to children's charities and September 11 charities.

Personally, I think that this is perfectly legitimate, the photograph even looks like it has a halo of signatures. However, I am sure that someone can think of some alternative views.

What is not legit about it? You're donating to a charity (well, more than one) and the whole amount is going to them ... And in return for that, you get one of a limited number of photos signed by 10 B5 actors ... And it's not $125, it's $100 plus shipping of like 5 bucks, so I'm guessing you added more money to your donation.

What's wrong with any of this? I don't understand your post.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back