• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"the next great story"

In WWE2, Zathras is telling the One who was, is, and will be, that they are the beginning, middle, and end of the story... that "creates the next great story". What's this next great story - the creation of the IA, something to do with Sheridan passing beyond the rim, humans and minbari gaining first-one-like status as seen in DoFS?

That's something I've often thought about as well. Especially since it's a GREAT story, and not some aftermath war like the Drakh war. It may refer to the creation of the ISA and the new age of man, that is the great story (beginning with S4). Perhaps Jan can shed more light on this.

That's something I've often thought about as well. Especially since it's a GREAT story, and not some aftermath war like the Drakh war. It may refer to the creation of the ISA and the new age of man, that is the great story (beginning with S4). Perhaps Jan can shed more light on this.
There's something that was cut from the episode. Here's what the script says:
As you are three...as you
are one...as you are The One.
(to Sinclair)
You are the One who was.
(to Delenn)
You are the One who is.
(to Sheridan)
You are the One who will be.

Give this a moment to sink in, then he continues:

ZATHRAS
And then the three will be two, and
the two will create the one.
You
are the beginning of the story, the
middle of the story, and the end of
the story...which creates the next
great story.

Emphasis of deleted line added by me. The three will become two when Sinclair goes into the past. The two will create...their son David. Who'll become 'the One'? It's not capitalized so that's not for sure but it could be that David's story might be the next great story?

Interesting, huh?

Jan

Last edited:
I always took it to be more metaphorical. The next great story is the answer to the eternal question, asked by children the world over when the book is done: "What happened after that?"

There's something that was cut from the episode. Here's what the script says:

Emphasis of deleted line added by me. The three will become two when Sinclair goes into the past. The two will create...their son David. Who'll become 'the One'? It's not capitalized so that's not for sure but it could be that David's story might be the next great story?

Interesting, huh?

Jan

Thanks Jan, I had never seen that before.

I agree that David as a character could be 'the next great story' as JMS said in a commentary once that he didn't want to show David yet as he didn't want to lock the character just yet, to use him later on down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back