• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Secrets Of The Soul

No Compromises

• Total voters
I like this ep. I know it's kinda boring with not a lot of action in it, and yes, there's the fact that not much occurs that is relevant to the overall happenings of season 5, but it's till good nonetheless. The ep gives some interesting history of one of the races of B5, and it helps us know a little more about Stephen Franklin too.

Did we really learn more about Franklin? He'd already put his career on the line to keep Minbari biological information out of the hands of the military during the Earth/Minbari war.

I do like the episode, though. It reinforces an important aspect of Franklin's personality and past, and it has Lyta finally deciding that mundanes really have treated her like shit.

I gave it an F. I can honestly say, this is the only episode of B5 that I really don't like, and would give below a C. Except for the end, it all seems inconsequential or just plain boring to me.

Yea, Lyta starting her turn, I think is what keeps this a solid "B" for me.

The only memorable part of this episode, for me, was what Lyta reveals of the Vorlons. For that I gave it a B. Otherwise Byron would have dragged it down to a C or D.

It was okay, not my favorite episode. :eek: I just don't care much for Byron... :D He's not my cup of tea!

I am curious about something though, the credits list that Tony Dow directed this episode. Is that Leave it To Beaver's brother, Tony Dow :) or a different Tony Dow?

:D It WAS Wally?? Wow...and thanks, :D I couldn't remember his character's name!! Actually, I remembered the Cleaver part, but the first name just would not come to me... :eek:

The only memorable part of this episode, for me, was what Lyta reveals of the Vorlons.

The memorable part of this episode for me was how much Lyta revealed of herself. :beer: I generally fast-forward to the good parts, then watch it with the sound turned off . :)

Regards,

Joe

We really need a lecherous leer smiley. ;)

IMHO it was average. There were some really good points, like getting to see a lot of Lyta.

Then there was all that holier than though crap from Franklin. That pissed me off. Who is he to judge a whole race? He gets a twenty minute synopsis of their last thousand years and he passes judgment on their ancestors?? Pffft. Gimmee a break. And Byron made this episode lose another grade point. That makes a C.

I still liked it though.

The only memorable part of this episode, for me, was what Lyta reveals of the Vorlons.

The memorable part of this episode for me was how much Lyta revealed of herself. :beer: I generally fast-forward to the good parts, then watch it with the sound turned off . :)

Regards,

Joe

We really need a lecherous leer smiley. ;)

Well, I was trying to take the high road, and we didn't get to see, well anything, really. Guess you must have snuck into the closed set.

IIRC, there was only one place where Pat revealed anything (topless for a few frames, in the near dark) in Knightriders(1981). Then, there were some scenes where it must have been, well....cold on the set, in Night of the Living Dead (1990).

Check this out:

Freckles

God, I love freckles.

Must have been cold on the Knighriders set, too. :)

PatTKnightriders1.jpg

PatTKnightriders2.jpg

Joe,

Your post might lead some people (not me) to believe that the pictures you posted were from Knightriders (1981), but in reality they are from Night of the Living Dead (1990).

This is from Knightriders:

187027-Patricia.jpg

For Pat's topless pics, see the topic I just posted in NC-17 "Pat Tallman Topless Pic - Knightriders"

Your post might lead some people (not me) to believe that the pictures you posted were from Knightriders (1981), but in reality they are from Night of the Living Dead (1990).

The site I found the pictures on labelled them as being from Knightriders. Never having seen that film, and having seen only the beginning of the Night of the Living Dead remake once, many years ago, I was not in a position to spot the error. So I'm glad you could.

Regards,

Joe

Ya know, I sold my DVD of Knightriders. Didn't much like the movie, and I like and respect Pat far too much to keep it for the topless scene. <shrug> This from a guy who's a dyed-in-the-wool breast man.

B good with Lyta starting to change alligances.The stuff about Franklin I thought was a little uneccessary but entertaining at the same time.

It made me wonder if the same thing could happen to the Centauri someday... seeing as they exterminated the Xon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back