• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Acts Of Sacrifice

Would you buy OS X?

• A -- Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Take away the "sex scene" and you'd have an A episode.

Classic Londo. Love it.

Even liked the Lumati's take on down-below.

I wonder what Correlilmerzon would have done if the B5 representative were a man.

Or perhaps "superior species" don't have a hang-up about such things. :)

I wonder what Correlilmerzon would have done if the B5 representative were a man.

Or perhaps "superior species" don't have a hang-up about such things. :)

This is a satire on Hollywood suits. He would have probably preferred a man.

When I watch it alone, the sex scene doesn't bother me at all, it's a great hoot. But, when someone walks in the room during that scene, who isn't aware, it can be quite embarrassing. I still give it an A.

The mindset of the Lumati and their classism is perfectly portrayed, Paul Williams translating things with a twist, the way they latched onto B5's idea of "Keeping the inferiors seperated". Susan has another diplomatic assignment and pulls this one off much smoother than the one with the Drazi.

Take away the "sex scene" and you'd have an A episode.

Classic Londo. Love it.

Even liked the Lumati's take on down-below.

Take away the throwaway Lumati thread and you have an "A" episode.

Man, people do seem to have strong emotions about this one, don't they?

B. A good plot-pusher ep. And personally I find the sex scene pretty amusing. "Next time, my way."

With the Lumati being quite into the ideals of evolution and natural selection, I wonder if way back in their history if they had had some exposure to Shadows that built their social philosophy.

I found Ivanova's song/dance/sex routine really silly, and not particularly funny, and it did not suit B5 at all. The rest of the epsiode is ok, but a bit dull. The teaser was good, but it was downhill from thast point. And Mary Kay Admas shows in this episode why we really missed Caitlin Brown- there is absolutely no strength to her performance, and thankfully we never see her again after this episode.

With the Lumati being quite into the ideals of evolution and natural selection, I wonder if way back in their history if they had had some exposure to Shadows that built their social philosophy.

Even if they didn't, it's a fantastic bit of classic B5 foreshadowing.

I didn't really think the Lumati thread was throw-away .. the sex scene was too silly for me after having seen it once, overall though, was the kind of plot that was so perfectly alien but still made so much sense - one thing I love about many plots in B5. And I loved the bits in the mess hall around the plot .. especially Franklin's bits there.

A great episode, though not one that has me sitting at the edge of my seat like some others .. still a solid A I suppose :D

I didn't really think the Lumati thread was throw-away .. the sex scene was too silly for me after having seen it once, overall though, was the kind of plot that was so perfectly alien but still made so much sense - one thing I love about many plots in B5.

We never saw or heard of the Lumati ever again. That's what I call a throwaway.

I think there was one scene several episodes later in which Delenn is dictating a letter or message or something to her computer and mentions agreeing to open trade relations with the Lumati, I think. But otherwise, yeah it was throwaway, which was kinda annoying. I'm not too terribly fond of one-off alien races in space shows.

The punchline to that scene, with Delenn dictating the letter, is that she says she can't conclude negotiations on the treaty at that time. I'll give you three guess why.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back