• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Memory of Shadows and the script books

JonFrain

Regular
I assume JMS didn't have the rights to include his unfilmed movie script in the B5 script books?

I wonder what the difference in publishing rights to scripts for the TV series and the commissioned movie script.

Last edited:
Depends on the contract. If the people who commissioned the script for TMOS weren't signatories of the WGA Minimum Basic Agreement, then the separation of rights clause may well not have been part of the contract.

Jan

I can't know for sure, of course, but my thinking is that if it were going to be, it would have been by now.

Jan

No telling how it escaped into the wild but it's a given that there were at least afew floating around at the time the movie was optioned. I note that there's no full photo of the cover so no information as to what draft it might be.

This is at least the second such copy. One sold for (iirc) $750. When a second appeared I questioned the seller who said that the second would be the last one sold and I haven't noticed it selling the other times it's been listed.

I am pretty sure that listing has been circling for awhile. It seems like I've seen it several times in past few months. It seems like I have seen that listing at that price many times recently. I have no idea what that contributes to the discussion, but I just wanted to join in. I'd also like to point out that I would prefer that people stop buying Babylon 5 stuff on eBay. It just makes it more difficult for me. If everyone else would stop then sellers would be forced to dramatically reduce their prices and Looney could make some purchases. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. .... :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

:p ;)

I am pretty sure that listing has been circling for awhile. It seems like I've seen it several times in past few months. It seems like I have seen that listing at that price many times recently. I have no idea what that contributes to the discussion, but I just wanted to join in.

Ha! The last time I followed it at all, it ran for two re-listings and then went away for a while. I think the first one sold for $750.

I'd also like to point out that I would prefer that people stop buying Babylon 5 stuff on eBay. It just makes it more difficult for me. If everyone else would stop then sellers would be forced to dramatically reduce their prices and Looney could make some purchases. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. .... :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

:p ;)
Yeah...good luck with that...

Latest posts

Members online

Back