• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Hunter, Prey

Un-covered breastfeeding in public

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Kosh says that Sheridan's thoughts becoming a song is something that has only happened once before. What is he talking about?

Kosh says that Sheridan's thoughts becoming a song is something that has only happened once before. What is he talking about?

From Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:

Also of note, the first time Sheridan confronts Kosh he says that Kosh "called to him." This is a reference to the dream sequence in "All Alone in the Night". Kosh replies, "I sought understanding. I listened to the song. Your thoughts became the song." Sheridan asks, "Has this ever happened before?" and Kosh says, "Once." When was that? One possibility is Talia Winters (cf. "Deathwalker") -- Kosh told her to "listen to the music, not the song."

I never found that theory totally satisfactory... but it's the only one we've got any evidence for.

He did appear to G'kar in the episode "Dust to Dust" in a vision, while G'kar was under the influence of the telepathic drug.

Very true so it isn't a one time thing. You know that raises a very interesting point that might be better discussed in the DUST TO DUST thread. Does this moment show that KOSH cares about G'Kar and maybe doesn't think the Narns should be allowed to "pass"?When I get to DUST TO DUST I hope I remember to bring this up. ;)

The "once" Kosh may be referring to is once before with Sheridan.

Last edited:
Just saw that during The Emmy's IN MEMORIAM segment they used a still of Bernie Casey as Derek Cranston to pay tribute to him. It is very brief and only fans will recognize that the photo is from B5, but it was nice to see.

Just saw that during The Emmy's IN MEMORIAM segment they used a still of Bernie Casey as Derek Cranston to pay tribute to him. It is very brief and only fans will recognize that the photo is from B5, but it was nice to see.

I didn't see the Emmys, but that IS nice :)

"While I was asleep, the ship ... it sang to me!" I just love that. It's so ... magical! (Vague) SPOILERS for later storylines in this paragraph, skip to the next one if you don't want to see them. I love that the Vorlon programming totally worked on me. Knowing everything I know about Vorlons, and having seen how they fight their wars, knowing exactly how they programmed humans to respond to them ... I STILL think of them as kind of magical, just like they intended :p

Also Vorlon ships are just the best.

It's a good episode, mostly because of the Earthgov background stuff, and the Kosh stuff. "I will teach you ... About you. Until you are ready ... To fight legends." This is VERY exciting, if rather cryptic as usual.

Random bits and pieces:

- Ranger sighting!!
- Did the woman who contacts Sheridan come with Cranston? Is she undercover in his unit or did she come separately?
- I've said this in other threads, but those random B5 bad guys tend to be fairly hilarious. This one is one of the very best. Those sunglasses he wears when he contacts Cranston never fail to crack me up.
- Garibaldi makes a good point about the last time Franklin vouched for someone he knew when he was a student. Also Franklin is surprisingly chummy with his old professors, judging by the two of them we've met.
- Garibaldi's disguise is also fairly hilarious.
- Sheridan and Ivanova pointedly looking at each other to make it clear to the audience they're scheming :p Also immediately talking about it the millisecond the guy leaves the room.
- Why does Franklin recognize the pocket watch? Was Jacobs already the Presidential doctor when he was teaching Franklin?
- I am once again being overly nitpickey (I nitpick because I LOVE :p) but aside from the fact that it's yet another example of a late 20th century US-specific system being used in the 23rd century ... I find it hard to believe that professor guy can remember the exact grade some student scored 20 years ago in some 101 level class :p
- Kosh actually gave understandable, non-cryptic instructions on how to hide doctor Jacobs on his ship? Too bad we didn't get to see it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back