• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Larry DiTillio 1940-2019

Looney

Regular
Favorite DiTillio Episode:

DEATHWALKER

Favorite moment from a DiTillio Episode:

BORN TO PURPLE
Londo, G'Kar, and Sinclair watch Adira dance at the Dark Star and for a moment we see Londo and G'Kar without all the Londo and G'Kar baggage.

Best DiTillio Episode:

BORN TO PURPLE / DEATHWALKER / GROPOS tie. I think all three of these episodes in particular really added to or expanded the scope of the B5 Universe. DiTillio's other episodes had this same quality, but I think these three episodes were his best.

Definitely Born the the Purple for me. I loved seeing the softer side of Londo. But they all did expand the feel of the B5 universe.

Thanks for chiming in Jan. I can only assume everyone else is not a fan of DiTillio episodes, but I am, even TKO. As I've said in the past, I don't love the fight stuff, but I like the extra dimension it adds to the Babylon 5 Universe.

Okay, I'll play.

Favourite episode: Spider in the Web. I thought it had good moments for Talia, Sheridan and Garibaldi; first appearance of Zack; and some very good guests stars, Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Beck, James Shigeta (actually, thinking about it, that's possibly the best guest cast a B5 episode ever had, at least until we got to River of Souls). Though the story is, I guess, what JMS recently referred to as the beginnings of DiTillio trying to create his own little universe within the broader B5 universe.

Favourite moment: The Vorlons taking out Deathwalker.

Favourite DiTillio addition to B5 lore: the work he did fleshing out the non-aligned races. That, and Jovian Sunspots!

Good points and what is key is that what DiTillio did add expanded the scope of the B5 Universe, even if he was trying to create his own little Universe inside the Universe. ;)

Jovian Sunspots, always best at the Hour of Scampering.

You know that is really an interesting opinion. Foods and beverages that are best at a certain time of day, especially a busy time of day. Who can list other items that fall into that category? :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back